• VIP
Hi just wondered if anyone knows what Inclusion support and Ed phy should be doing with children with SEN in junior schools, and if they should have been still working with him for the past 8 months he's been out of school. Got a feeling they didn't do what they should have in regards to my son's time in mainstream school. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
I have 4 lovely children Caleb and Bay who have fragile x
Trinity and Lucas who don't Heart

• Established member
[quote='nicky' pid='26974' dateline='1298365654']
Hi just wondered if anyone knows what Inclusion support and Ed phy should be doing with children with SEN in junior schools, and if they should have been still working with him for the past 8 months he's been out of school. Got a feeling they didn't do what they should have in regards to my son's time in mainstream school. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

It is bit difficult as you dont state why he is out of school. Once you are out of the system there is not a lot of support. If he had a 1to1 and is statmented then you could talk to the school about the 1to1 coming to house and giving him some input at home. Ed phy assess child with additional need and advice the school of on how best to support the child with mainstream. What needs does your child have in a classroom environment and what does you child need to access the lessons. Write down what you feel he needs and contact the Senco at the school and ask for meeting with the Ed Phy attending and any other agencies involved. If he is statemented read his statement and make sure it is correct for your childs needs. This a lawful contract which the school should abide by. If you think this school cant not meet his needs it may be best to contact the Local Education authority for advice.