• Registered
Hi everyone,
I was wondering about applying to Merlin's Magic Wand, my son Rhys loves Lego, obsessed really. We want to book tickets for Legoland Windsor but we would need to stay in a hotel overnight, would Merlin's Magic Wand cover the cost of a hotel & fuel costs or just the fuel costs?
And, for future reference, has anyone been to the Parks abroad, Legoland or the other two, Heide Park Resort or Gardaland Resort? If so, what coss did Merlin's Magic Wand cover, obviously you'd need accommodation and travel expenses. Thanks

• Administrators
As far as im aware but not 100% sure Smile
Merlins magic wand will cover the tickets and travel costs only.
They also tend to award to the merlin group attractions only and im not sure the other parks are classed as merlin attractions as they maybe franchised.
But in terms of hotel costs i think it would be unlikely
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Thanks for your response Daniel. Still wondering if anyone's managed to go to the parks abroad that are on the Merlin's Magic Wand website, when you click their icons it brings up the other linked parks. And on their website it says they give tickets for over 60 attractions.
If you're going to an attraction in the UK how much fuel and travel expenses do they give you? If anyone can give me examples of where they've been & the expenses Merlin's Magic Wand have given them that would be great, just to give me an idea, thanks.

• Registered
Quick update: I received an e-mail back from Merlin's Magic Wand to say they will approve 3 Legoland tickets as they are unable to assist with non immediate family tickets. Also they've agreed to assist with fuel costs £ 30.
All they asked in return was an e-mail with attachment of Rhys's diagnosis letter which has to be on headed paper. It needs to have the child's full name, date of birth & child's medical condition.
The next thing they asked for is the name of the person for the travel grant cheque to be made out to.
Hope this helps with any queries.
Paperdos

• Registered
I applied to MMW at the end of last year. Lucy is a triplet and a wheelchair user ( she has no mobility ) they awarded us 6 tickets to Alton Towers plus £67 travel costs... that was for her siblings and someone to make sure they were safe ( they were 10 at the time ) and 2 carers for Lucy ... we got fast track wrist bands due to lucys disability and i can honestly say the staff at Alton Towers couldnt of been accomodating any more than they were ... it was a fantastic day out, and I think you can apply once per year.