Posts: 449 | Threads: 65
Joined: Mar 2010
Reputation: 0

  • VIP
A friend of mine had her garden adapted a few years ago, using a grant from these: http://www.gardeningfordisabledtrust.org.uk/grant.html
You have to be a member but I think she paid about £5 for a yearly membership
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart
Posts: 19 | Threads: 3
Joined: Mar 2011

  • New member Moderation
Hey what is a parent support officer? and why dont i have one ? lol x
Posts: 93 | Threads: 27
Joined: Feb 2010
Reputation: 0

  • VIP
Hi Louise
I got put in contact with the parent support worker through my school, Im not sure if all local authorities have this though. If you have a child of school age then its worth asking the school.
She is basically there to support you with any decisions, form filling, mediation and emotional support.
Mine is due round this morning to go through the family fund form and DLA form, she has been a godsend to be honest. She has been to several meetings and helped me with so many things, wouldnt be without her help as she is there for ME to make sure Im supported through everything.
Heart Single Mummy to Noah (5) ASD, Abbigail (4) and Oliver (2) Heart
Posts: 51 | Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2010
Reputation: 10

  • VIP
Hi polomaplus3

We can consider requests for garden works but we do have funding limitations. We recommend that you send in your application with a copy of the quote and we will consider whether we can help and how much, however as Kiansmummy has rightly said, we are unlikely to be able to help with the full amount.

Please remember that all grants from Family Fund are discretionary and subject to available funding.

Best wishes,
Family Fund

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)