• Registered
thats if the school give it, my son has band 4 so was supposed to get 20 hours which i could say he got last year but this year they arent even close to that. but everyone keeps telling me they can't tell me anything when i try to pin one person down. im just tired and am close to saying that communication has almost completely broken down, i keep asking about what he is doing but they just seem really annoyed, things i have been requesting they havent done messages arent being passed on. and ive only been asking for little things, all the keyworkers keep saying they arent supposed to say anything. the senco said his teacher took away the one-to-one and the teacher says the senco took away the one-to-one. my son has been hit by other children so many times in the last month, his behaviour when he comes home after school is just unbearable - its not my son who comes home from school If you know what I mean .

school are putting on a united front in the run up to this review, i hope they dont expect me to say im happy. ive been asked to fill in a form about my views on his last year in school and then this year.

• Administrators
can you not pin down the senco and headteacher at the same time and ask whos saying what?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Sorry I've not been on much lately. I'm hoping the statement will give him full time one to one as thats what we've all said he needs. I think thats the maximum they can do really and otherwise we'll probably need to look at changing school - but then at least I'll have all the evidence that the current school have done as much as they can to cope. He already has one to one except for 2 hrs so its just filling that gap really. We do have a home to school book where we write in whats going on etc & I asked for this before he started at the school when I met the new TA that they'd recruited for him. Its not quite as good as the one I've seen from the special school where its all broken down into lots of areas but it does the job and I suppose we could do that if we wanted. Daniel is right that the statement is a legal document and they are obliged to provide whats written there so hopefully that will help. I think I will be having problems in the new year though as I was told yesterday that the boy in the class next doors 1to1 TA is leaving unexpectedly & to fill the gap, my sons TA will be having him for an hour in the morning and they are getting someone from the juniors (don't know who) to come & look after my son. I see there problem but I'm worried & think I might have a fight on my hands to make sure that he DOES get the cover & its not just (oooh the woman from the juniors is off sick etc)!

• Registered
are you included in your sons education, ive had to make a pest of myself just to try and find out things hes been doing. there is another boy in my sons class and it seems he gets full time supervision (ive been told hes not special needs but he just plays up for attention) where as my son has just been grouped with the bottom end of the class. they did really well last year and i thought that would continue but it didnt. i get the feeling they have the funding now and are trying to make the money back for the year they funded the support as his keyworker always seems to be teaching another class.