• Administrators
(10-15-2009, 07:42 PM)bessie Wrote:
(10-15-2009, 09:59 AM)Daniel Wrote: When is your sons statement due for review?

Literally it has just been done - its the first statement & we just managed to get it in time for him to start school in Sept so I dont think its due for another 10-12 months or so.SadSad
The first thing i would now suggest is to request a review in regards to the SEN POLICY.

So is now you believe your child's needs have changed rather than the sen not being followed.

To request a review of the Sen i suggest sending a letter here is a sample care of ipsea:

Dear Sir or Madam,

(Child’s name) (date of birth)

Request for re-assessment

I am writing as the parent of the above child to request a “re-assessment” of his special educational needs under the 1996 Education Act. (Child’s name) has a Statement of Special Educational needs and attends .............. school.

I believe that (child’s name)'s special educational needs have changed as follows:

I believe that the provision in Part 3 of the Statement is no longer suitable because

I believe that the school is no longer able to meet his needs because

I understand that you are required by law to reply to this request within six weeks and that if you refuse I will be able to appeal to the Special Educational Needs Tribunal.

Yours sincerely,
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
I don't think his needs have changed - its probably down to money. He has 2 hrs without support and unsuprisingly all the behaviours (hitting, wetting etc) are still happening in this time (& I think are a bit worse in this time because he doesn't understand/feel so safe without his TA) but there is no extra TA present to help.

• Administrators
so to confirm he has two hours without support but through the rest of the day he has the support?
Why not in these two hours?
Why do they feel these two hours are not required?

• Registered
Yes thats correct. I've got no idea how they equate all the wording iin the statement into actual allocated hours or money etc other than you get extra hours for things like toileting etc but they never let me see this part. I know that they were planning on having no help for him at lunchtime but I really pushed this because if there is any time he really needs help its break & especially lunch (big eating problems). It all seems mad to me. Maybe they were hoping he would be ok for the 2 hrs & they could cut back the TA? Also if they gave him a full statement I think he would be eligible for the special school which is really good. I think my councils objectives seem to be to do things as cheaply as possible.

• Administrators
(10-27-2009, 11:24 AM)bessie Wrote: I think my councils objectives seem to be to do things as cheaply as possible.
Oh and then say its for the good of the child giving them some independenceDodgy