• Registered
The family fund advisor told me they are trying to sort through all the applications they've got before the end of the financial year so that's why they're being done pretty quickly.
The advisor is coming Monday after school, bit nervous, we want it to go well.
Thanks for all your comments.
Karynn

• Registered
I've just added a similar post to my other thread, Family Fund Home Visit, what to expect: The advisor came to see us & she was very nice, she went over what we'd applied for & asked questions about Rhys's diagnosis & how it affects school life & home life. I gave her examples of behaviour problems we've been on the receiving end & basically she's going to recommend to the Family Fund that we get the things that we've asked for & also added days out to the list. Overall we've asked for a home computer (to help with maths & communication), clothes, bedding & a dishwasher, Rhys wants to do baking but with such a tiny kitchen just a couple of dirty dishes & there goes all the work surfaces so at least with a dishwasher we could load it as we go along (get him into a good routine, hopefully). I'll definately keep you all updated with what happens next. She said to expect to hear from them 4-6 weeks. Please let me know if you've any recent applications that have been awarded & if you don't mind telling us what they gave you, thanks. I hope these threads will encourage new applications for people that need the Family Fund.

• Registered
I've had an award letter through this morning saying that we'd been awarded a computer for Rhys, they have a supplier they use and we had to choose between a desktop or a laptop - no choice of spec, it's a standard specification but pretty good, perfect for what our son needs it for. Also we were awarded £370 for a dishwasher including a 5 year warranty of which we'll receive a comet gift card in about 3 weeks approx. This was because it would definately ease exceptional pressure on us as a family & Rhys wants to do some baking. We didn't get any award for Clothing or Bedding or Days out - I still feel that we did pretty well considering it is nearing the end of the financial year.

• Registered
Update: We've now got our dishwasher, it's fab!! And shortly after us getting the delivery for the dishwasher we received Rhys's computer by courier. My husband is yet to set it all up but it's wonderful. I cannot praise Family Fund enough for what they do for families. We would never have been able to afford these fantastic items. We definately will remember to apply next year.

• Registered
hi i have been reading your posts and im new to this site i have 2 son aged 11 and 8 both with learning differculties the younger one more servere could someone please explain to me what the family fund is thanks