• VIP
(02-11-2011, 12:29 PM)vjnoble1 Wrote: Nathaniels genetic test took 2 weeks to come back, but they told us that it could take up to 4 weeks. Everyone I've ever spoken to has different times. Where abouts to you live?

We live in Leeds West Yorkshire. Have all CDC children got the cat cry ? Jack does definitely cry differently than his brother and sister did but it is only when we hear him on his baby moniter that he sounds like a cat meowing loudly.

Debbie x
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain .....

• Established member
Hi Debbie, The cat-like cry all depends on how much of the deletion is missing, my son had the cat cay and still has it. (have mistaken him for a cat on a number of times!) At first everyone else could hear the cat-cry but me, but then we went on holiday 2 weeks after he was diagnosed and on the plane the man sat next to us said 'oh how cute, doesn't he sound like a little cat'! We live not too far away in Barrowford, Lancashire.

Vicki xx

• Registered
(02-10-2011, 07:46 PM)Debbie G Wrote: Hi

has any one got a child with this syndrome as we have been told today this could be what our son Jack has. He does fit a lot of the symtoms but the cat like cry I am a little unsure. He has always sounded different to our other children and his voice is quieter than usual . He always sounded like he had a sore throat as a new born and now at 14 months he kind of whines more than a full blown cry. Any info on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks Debbie

Hi I'm a Parent of a 4 yr old daughter with Cri Du Chat. Have you had Genetic testing to confirm that it actually is Cri Du Chat Syndrome? I have meet and know over 150 People from new born to 50 yrs old with this syndrome and their families. We are members of the 5 P - Society a family support group Fivepminus.org and 5p-society on facebook.

• VIP
Just bringing this thread back up as we saw our sons geneticist again today after last seeing her in April. We are really fed up to put it mildly! Because of budget issues for all genetic tests they will not do any to confirm a diagnoses as she is not over 95% sure he has Cri du Chat. We asked if we could pay privately for tests even though raising the money would be a huge issue the doctor said it was not an option. All we want to know is what is wrong with him. Other syndromes have been mentioned but other than this one now ruled out. Has any one else had problems with genetic testing or is it just Leeds ?
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain .....