• Established member
hi i have 4 children nathan 9, jack 6, abbie 5 and amber 2, abbie as gdd, im having a bit of trouble with my eldest at the moment he starting to get cocky av a bad attitude problem, always back chatting and seems to have a answer to everything its driving me nuts!!! hes 9 but acting more like a teenager was wondering if theres any other parents on here having the same problem, im at my wits end and running out of things to do x

• Established member
(02-09-2011, 11:45 PM)lyndsey84 Wrote: hi i have 4 children nathan 9, jack 6, abbie 5 and amber 2, abbie as gdd, im having a bit of trouble with my eldest at the moment he starting to get cocky av a bad attitude problem, always back chatting and seems to have a answer to everything its driving me nuts!!! hes 9 but acting more like a teenager was wondering if theres any other parents on here having the same problem, im at my wits end and running out of things to do x

Oh yes this is a classic pre teen stage boys in particular seem to go through. It give you some idea how they will act as a teenage. Stand your ground and be consisted. Stick to the rules of what is acceptable behaviour to you. He is just testing the boundaries again. It will pass.

• VIP
Hi Lyndsey . He is at that age now were he will start to wonder were he fits in on life . Agree with Loopycab , stand your ground with him and consisted , even if he drives you round the bend dont give in for a quiet life ( i know i have and it gets worse if you do ) . Try not to fight back with him , keep your cool and walk away if you feel it slipping as it will only make the matter worse . Half the time they just like to hear them selfs talk and like to get the last word in . When he has been bad what is his punishment's be ? My daughter is 14 years old so i know how you feel when they start doing this , i'm hoping few more years and that will be her nice again lol x
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012