• Registered
hi, does anyone know if i can get help from housing associtaion to replace doors that my asperger son has broken due to his outbursts

• VIP
Hi tracey , i dont think they would fix them for you . If its not a fault with the house but due to your son so i think you have to pay to get them fixed . You could maybe get help with a grant and say that because of your son's outbursts and explain why he does it . Hope you get something sorted out
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
(02-08-2011, 09:47 PM)Tracey Clark Wrote: hi, does anyone know if i can get help from housing associtaion to replace doors that my asperger son has broken due to his outbursts

to be honest i wouldnt have them replaced
id take all the doors off in the house for 6 months
it might help to break the cycle of him destroying the doors
Heart mum of 2 Heart

• Registered
(02-09-2011, 11:15 AM)sweetgiz Wrote: [quote='Tracey Clark' pid='26604' dateline='1297201642']
hi, does anyone know if i can get help from housing associtaion to replace doors that my asperger son has broken due to his outbursts

to be honest i wouldnt have them replaced
id take all the doors off in the house for 6 months
it might help to break the cycle of him destroying the doors
[/qu

this is from when he was more violent when he was younger, just want to have a nice house again, now he is 16 he is a lot better

• Moderators
when we first moved into council house 6 yrs ago matt locked himself in the spare room and wouldnt open it so had to get a drill and make a hole in door to get him out. we were worried to tell the council as it could have been seen as deliberate vandalism but they were great and came straight out and put a new door on that didnt have a lock. so might be worth a phone call but perhaps dont say it happened years ago
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.