• Registered
(01-19-2010, 09:19 AM)lynn Wrote: Hi Debfro

I'd be really interested in any information you can given on home education - It's something I may need to consider as they are changing the special schools in Bedfordshire. How do you find out about groups? Did you link up with other parents? Did you get any financial help??

Lynn

Hi Lynn

I belong to education otherwise although I don't access them much at the moment and they send out a booklet once a year of other parents you can contact. Also they will tell you about your local groups,however their are lots of other home education organisations you can join I found mine on Google. You don't get financial help although I found all of the places I visited like castles etc do reduced or free places for home educaters. Also we saved a lot of money on uniform and just general school things as they always seem to want money from us don't they. Obviously you keep all the benefits you already have. Hope this helps

• Registered
One question I've always wanted to know about Home Education is whether you can get a statement of special education needs for it or what other kinds of funding can you get to help?

• Registered
(02-03-2010, 03:25 PM)ferret88 Wrote: One question I've always wanted to know about Home Education is whether you can get a statement of special education needs for it or what other kinds of funding can you get to help?

The only type of funding I have heard of is when your child is excluded from school then the council pay for a tutor. Not sure why you would want a statement if home educating what do you have in mind that you think might need one? You follow your own agenda when home edding so its great for the child as you work at their own pace and to their interests. When you ask about funding what would you be looking at needing funding for? Sorry if I am being thick just want to give the right answer x

• VIP
Was greatly encouraged by this thread as this is something I'm seriously considering. My son is very bright and eager to learn but really not happy in school. I've just been browsing the net on this very subject and ordered a couple of books from Amazon. Are there any links you would personally recommend?

• Administrators
(03-16-2010, 02:08 PM)dellym Wrote: My son is very bright and eager to learn but really not happy in school.
Just wondering why does your son feel unhappy at school is it the routine,peers,teachers?
Always good to hear peoples views on schools.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE