• Registered
Yes the little church school my youngest son is at is wonderful with him and the other three on the spectrum they have. Nut he still is happier not going. When he is off school he counts down the days to going back and when he is first off after a couple of days hestops eating his clothes and his hands, the aggression goes and he relaxes. He has a special friend and the rest of his class are great with him they make sure he is not left out and cheer him when he does well. Autistics don't always need to be sociable and if they do the home education groups are better than school. This is because the groups have various ages and like most people these Children do not need to spend all day with people the same age. My sons both sought out older children to be friends with. Karen what you said about school being respite is what every parent I talk to says not just those of us with special needs children lol

• Administrators
Did you ever do the home education groups?
And are there any laws on this side of things?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
No laws except the education act the child must recieve a suitable education etc and yes we did some home ed groups like everything their are good and bad ones. But mainly stuck to church, chess club, playstation club etc.

• Administrators
Playstation club!!!
Now theres a reason to self teach my son!!!!! Blush
I shall teach Virtual PE and get out Fifa!!! 49
It sounds like you really gave your son something more than just an education on paper,it actually sounds like an excellent education on life!
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Established member
Hi Debfro

I'd be really interested in any information you can given on home education - It's something I may need to consider as they are changing the special schools in Bedfordshire. How do you find out about groups? Did you link up with other parents? Did you get any financial help??

Lynn