• Registered
James is 6 years old and is struggling at school.

James did not walk until he was 20 moths old and did not start talking until 3 years old. James did not really babble. He started making a few noises around 2 years old. James started going to speech therapy at 3 and is still going now. James can now talk in sentences we are now working on certain sounds. James seems to find it difficult to concentrate for more than a few minutes unless it is something he really likes, for instance playing with his backugan brawlers. We are not sure if the lack of concentration is due to eczema and lack of sleep though. James is a year behind at school, possibly more in certain areas, and is finding it very hard. He has just started soiling himself at school but is not telling the teachers. James does also seem to play on his own a lot but does play with others sometimes and plays well with his older sister, but only when its something he likes. James wet from only eating pureed food and a couple of finger foods at 2 years old to developing a severe food aversion ad he would only take neocate(dairy ad soy free formula) ad eat raisins. We put this down to a fear of food due to the allergic reactions he had experienced.

James is however very loving and does have good eye contact and seems to have good understanding.

• VIP
Personally, i would suggest that he could well be on the Spectrum as he sounds very similar to my own son who has Aspergers and Dyspraxia. Make a list and go to your GP list and notes in hand and he/she will refer you as ours did. Try not to worry, once you take the first step you will find relief. Good luck. x

• Registered
(02-08-2011, 10:10 AM)dellym Wrote: Personally, i would suggest that he could well be on the Spectrum as he sounds very similar to my own son who has Aspergers and Dyspraxia. Make a list and go to your GP list and notes in hand and he/she will refer you as ours did. Try not to worry, once you take the first step you will find relief. Good luck. x

Thank you

• VIP
you're welcome. I recommend the list as its easy to become tongue tied at first and forget to mention things that are important. Once the balls rolling it gets easier.

• VIP
(02-08-2011, 09:49 AM)Jimbob Wrote: James is 6 years old and is struggling at school.

James did not walk until he was 20 moths old and did not start talking until 3 years old. James did not really babble. He started making a few noises around 2 years old. James started going to speech therapy at 3 and is still going now. James can now talk in sentences we are now working on certain sounds. James seems to find it difficult to concentrate for more than a few minutes unless it is something he really likes, for instance playing with his backugan brawlers. We are not sure if the lack of concentration is due to eczema and lack of sleep though. James is a year behind at school, possibly more in certain areas, and is finding it very hard. He has just started soiling himself at school but is not telling the teachers. James does also seem to play on his own a lot but does play with others sometimes and plays well with his older sister, but only when its something he likes. James wet from only eating pureed food and a couple of finger foods at 2 years old to developing a severe food aversion ad he would only take neocate(dairy ad soy free formula) ad eat raisins. We put this down to a fear of food due to the allergic reactions he had experienced.

James is however very loving and does have good eye contact and seems to have good understanding.
only person that can say he got autism is his paeditricain
have you spoken to him about this
and what about schooling if hes a year behind
is he getting one to one support
they thought my daughter had autism at one time but she makes eye contact getting more socialble with adult and her brother that they ruled it out my daughter 6 ans till havent got a diagnosis
have a word with paediatrician and let u know how you get on 29

Heart mum of 2 Heart