• VIP
yesterday we went to deep sea world just outside edinburgh. really good day my daughter loved it. any way both my children recieve higher rate DLA & i am a full time carer. my youngest we didn't have to pay for as he's under 3 and i got in for free as i said i was a carer. i did get asked for ID but the only thing i have is a letter is from DWP to say i recieved carers allowance and i don't carry that around with me. the lassie just took my word for it. we ended up paying for my husband and daughter which to be honest i didn't completely mind. the thing is with my daughter she looks like a normal 3 year old child so i kind of think they probably think i'm taking the pee. i just wondered if any one knew of a nationally recognised form of ID which stated you were a carer and also one for DLA

• Moderators
when matt was younger we just had to carry a copy of his dla award and a carers letter but when he was older we got a bus pass with companion pass on it which seemed to work for most places as id though guess they could argue that some areas dont need high rate dla to get it but i think you do for the carers part
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
(02-07-2011, 01:23 PM)mcgraw Wrote: yesterday we went to deep sea world just outside edinburgh. really good day my daughter loved it. any way both my children recieve higher rate DLA & i am a full time carer. my youngest we didn't have to pay for as he's under 3 and i got in for free as i said i was a carer. i did get asked for ID but the only thing i have is a letter is from DWP to say i recieved carers allowance and i don't carry that around with me. the lassie just took my word for it. we ended up paying for my husband and daughter which to be honest i didn't completely mind. the thing is with my daughter she looks like a normal 3 year old child so i kind of think they probably think i'm taking the pee. i just wondered if any one knew of a nationally recognised form of ID which stated you were a carer and also one for DLA
Hi, i just got a message i cant post links yet, havent done enough posts, so i try facebook Smile

• Administrators
Its something we have considered setting up but it would be so difficult to get adopted across so many diffrent places that it would end up a card thats useful in some places and not others so would defy the point Sad
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
just thinking out loud but it might be worth (and i'm not saying for you guys to do it) phoning around to see what people want as carers or dla ID. maybe if people could say what they use it might build up a picture of whats excepted. it would be great if someone nationally could produce a valid card though. ps whats the name of the one the cinema's accept, does anyone know