• Registered
Does any one know how we stand, I am the child's (age 17) father and almost two years ago, his maternal mother gave him over to live with me, as she couldn't cope and felt he would be better with me, I am now re-married and he is in a loving environment. His mother keeps threating us with legal action if we don't provide access, although it is her who kept saying no to any dates we offered her, she does not pay any maintenance or stay in regular contact with him, just when she feels like it... She actually turned up at his school today without our knowledge and it took us ages to calm him down as he doesn't understand,,, does anyone know how we stand legally on stopping her from accessing the school and giving her only supervised access... our social worker is useless and hasn't been in contact for over six months??

your help would be appreciated.

Dave and Sharon

• VIP
Hi you'd be best going and talking to your solicitor about what rights his mum has to your son . When she give him over to you was it all doing legally ? If your down as the main career then the school should not be letting her see your son without you knowing about it . If your social worker is for your son due to his problems then they wont be able to do much in this , it would be a different social worker . Best person to tell you all would be solicitor , due to your sons age i'm not sure what way it would all work out . Hope all works out well for you and your son
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• Registered
(01-31-2011, 07:41 PM)meagain Wrote: Hi you'd be best going and talking to your solicitor about what rights his mum has to your son . When she give him over to you was it all doing legally ? If your down as the main career then the school should not be letting her see your son without you knowing about it . If your social worker is for your son due to his problems then they wont be able to do much in this , it would be a different social worker . Best person to tell you all would be solicitor , due to your sons age i'm not sure what way it would all work out . Hope all works out well for you and your son

Many thanks for your reply,,, He was handed over in front of a group of professionals, i.e, social worker, medical team, shared carer, his dietian etc.. and yes we are his main carers.... we are seeking legal advice from the childrens legal centre so hopefully they might be able to come back with further information.

• Registered
Hi thanks for the help we are his main carers so we should have been informed by them. She handed him over in front of about 15 professionals who noted and recorded the whole conversation. We are seeking advice via the childrens legal centre so keeping fingers crossed they can help us.

Our son has FG syndrome and is definitely keeping us on our toes and provides us with fun, laughter and lots of tears... good luck to you and your family. x

• VIP
I'm in the same boat with his dad , its not fair on the Children . In a perfect world all Children would have their parents there for support and love , maybe in time things will be easier for you and your son and his mum . But in that time you have to do what is right for your son . Hope it all works out for you's :-)
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012