• Registered
(01-03-2010, 01:36 PM)Karen Wrote: Katie cardonald isnt far from us at all not far from cumbernauld.

Hi there Karen no its not that far away my friends sister lives in cumbernauld village l have never been to cumbernauld
katiebubbles

• Banned
small world huh. Katie so u have a 23 year old with additional needs tell me is does get easier when they get to teenagers? i know it cant be easy, both me and my husband are exhausted and we do try and get some rest, but when one sleeps the other is wakened. sometimes i feel so isolated with noone to talk to.

• Registered
(01-03-2010, 06:09 PM)Karen Wrote: small world huh. Katie so u have a 23 year old with additional needs tell me is does get easier when they get to teenagers? i know it cant be easy, both me and my husband are exhausted and we do try and get some rest, but when one sleeps the other is wakened. sometimes i feel so isolated with noone to talk to.

HI karen lm afraid it doesnt get any easier my daughter is not very mobile so needs a lot of help physically due to cerebral palsy along with the bahavioural problems that go along with her Autism and as she has got bigger l think its got worse as she still has the same needs as when she was a five yr old but she is no longer the size of a five yr old we do have a few adaptions like a ramp for wheelchair and battery powered chair for the bath its not all doom and gloom she can be really funny and can say the funniest things as she just says what she sees we have had a few embarissing moments l can tell you my acceptence of my daughters disability has got easier l just dont care what the rest of the world think now but it took me a long time to get to that stage
your Children are young and things have improved a bit as far as other people are concerned and there is lot more help out there now as to when my daughter was you so you just shout for it as l soon found out those who shout loudest get

take care
katiebubbles

• Administrators
Its nice to have another member with an elder child who has seen the system change and adapt.
And to also offer advice and inspiration to other members who are on the begining of the journey you have been through.
Please feel free to get stuck in and offer advice where possible or if you need anything yourself just SHOUT THE LOUDEST....949
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
l will do that Daniel just dont want to put my tuppence in when its not wanted but if anyone wants to ask me anything l will be only to happy to oblige and help where l can l do help with a local playsheme in an informal way helping to fill in forms and differnt things even a wee bit of advice as there are things my daughter did when she was younger that she doesnt do now and that gives people some hope that maybe their child just might grow out of it and what l do know is right now there is more money in childrens services than adult services so anything anyone needs ask for it now as once you have a service its harder to take it away