• Registered
hi, i have 2 children, my eldest is 8 and she has a diagnosis of aspergers and is in mainstream, and my son is 4 and has autism and tuberous sclerosis and again being made to attand mainstream.

My problems are that my daughter is extremely upset and depressed as she is really struggling socially at school. She feels she is being bullied and has no friends, achedemically she is achieving high grades and this seems to be all that her school are bothered about. Apparently the head teacher is the senco worker, we have had endless meetings with her to no avail, we have after 5 months of disagreements eventually got her to agree for ACT to come into school and assess our daughter, the results of which have come back ok, as when the appointment was arranged they managed to get a teaching assistant to be with my daughter so everything for that half an hour period was ok, but this is not what happens usually in school, she is left to her own devices and walks around endlessly at break/dinner trying to play with the much younger children in her school. She is under CHAMS where they are now looking at testing her for ADHD but again the school are saying that they have no major problems with her in the classroom. I am at a real loss as to which way to turn now, as i feel she desperatley need help with social skills etc but i can't find any help anywhere, i feel i am banging my head on a brick wall.

My second issue is my son, he is due to start in year one of school in september, he has since 6 months old been in a private nursery funded partly by direct payments to help with his social skills. I have been told that he cannot be assessed for a statement yet as they have not got enough educational backing, they have told me that i must put him in a mainstream school so that he can be assessed properly. The thing is i am really worried about this because it has took nearly 4 years to get my son to the level he is at, which isn't good but it's more than we thought he was capable of, my view of putting him in mainstream is that he will go backwards insted of forwards and i really feel that he needs a special school or special and mainstream together. I am not the cleverest tool in the box and i am not up with all the rules and regulations that there is regarding disabled childrens rights, but surely as a parent i know that neither one of my children are happy or going to be happy in the settings that they must go to, can anyone offer any advice.

sorry for going on and on but i have so many questions and i feel like i am not being listened to by all the people that are supposed to listen to you.
special Children only come to special peopleAngel

• VIP
hi my son 8 as asperger and his school is no help either Sad but looking at where you live are you under same cahms as us? and what a load of tosh they told you about your younger child my daughter is 4 and a full statement level 5 chloe starts school in sept too if you want to ask me any thing you can or in box me

• VIP
have you a school in mind? where have you put for him to go?

• Registered
(01-27-2011, 06:46 PM)jacknchloesmum Wrote: have you a school in mind? where have you put for him to go?

I have had to put down our local school because i ran out of time to send the education form back (purely because all the mainstream schools i was looking at weren't good enough!) so he will be going to Kiveton Park Infants and Junior, but the lady at the education place told me i could always change his schools, but i did have to put his name down for a school straight away

• Registered
(01-27-2011, 06:59 PM)kellypip Wrote:
(01-27-2011, 06:46 PM)jacknchloesmum Wrote: have you a school in mind? where have you put for him to go?

I have had to put down our local school because i ran out of time to send the education form back (purely because all the mainstream schools i was looking at weren't good enough!) so he will be going to Kiveton Park Infants and Junior, but the lady at the education place told me i could always change his schools, but i did have to put his name down for a school straight away

also megan, my eldest is under the rotherham chams, where do you go to?