• VIP
hi everyone our son was diagnoised (sorry cant spell) on monday with ASD after almost 4 years of tryin 2 get help and support 4 him we r full of mixed emotions about this and r tryin 2 understand it all. his school have been a fantastic support 2 us as a family if it wasnt 4 them we would probably still be tryin 2 get him the help and support he needs. but today somethin has happened at school that to be honest im so upset about i dont know what 2 do. our son was removed from his classroom as he had a bad anger outburst and spent the rest of the afternoon with his support worker in a seperate room as he would only calm down then but he has told his support worker that his dad beats him up obviously she reported it 2 the senco of the school who called me in straight away now his dad has never laid a finger on him yes he shouts at him when hes naughty but hes never ever laid a finger on him and because the school senco knows us as a family she knew it wasnt true our son did admit in the end that he was lying but im mortified why would our son lie about that? does ASD make children say things like that we r so lucky the senco knows us otherwise she told us she would of had 2 call social services and the police i dont know how to make our son understand that his lies can be very dangerous hes 7 in 3 weeks but he has the mind of a 10yr old but he doesnt seem to understand what we and the school have said to him im in tears i cant stop cryin i dunno what 2 do xx

• VIP
Hi , i'm sorry to hear about that . I'm not sure if its part of ASD or not . I know my niece did it once in school ( she has no problems ) , said her dad was beating her and her mum up . She was about 7 years old as well , they had just had a new baby , and its was attention thing that she did it for . When her mum had been rang about it she said she was lying about it . It wasnt true that he was beating them . As maybe anything changed in your son routine or being up set about anything ?? Maybe that could be the reason he said that or even maybe his dad had shouted at him that morning or night before ? I dont think any Children understand at that age even if they have no problems anyhow so try not to beat yourself up over it . I know when my daughter 1st started nursery she told them i locked her up in a basement , we didnt even have a basement , but she had a great imagination , Maybe your son has has seen something on T.V or over heard someone saying my dad beats me up and has said what he has heard with him being angry at the time . Hope you feel better tomorrow xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
(01-27-2011, 07:25 PM)meagain Wrote: Hi , i'm sorry to hear about that . I'm not sure if its part of ASD or not . I know my niece did it once in school ( she has no problems ) , said her dad was beating her and her mum up . She was about 7 years old as well , they had just had a new baby , and its was attention thing that she did it for . When her mum had been rang about it she said she was lying about it . It wasnt true that he was beating them . As maybe anything changed in your son routine or being up set about anything ?? Maybe that could be the reason he said that or even maybe his dad had shouted at him that morning or night before ? I dont think any Children understand at that age even if they have no problems anyhow so try not to beat yourself up over it . I know when my daughter 1st started nursery she told them i locked her up in a basement , we didnt even have a basement , but she had a great imagination , Maybe your son has has seen something on T.V or over heard someone saying my dad beats me up and has said what he has heard with him being angry at the time . Hope you feel better tomorrow xx

thanx so much 4 ur reply our son does have a very vivid imagination yes his dad does shout at him when hes naughty like i do we have both had a chat with him but we dont think he really understands how serious this is im going have a chat again with his school 2moz c what they say xx