• VIP
last thrusday jack became ill what we thought with tonsillitis gp gave antibiotics( good job he did) on sat morning when he got up there was a funny rash on his arms hand i didnt like the look rang nhs direct told to ring 999, i didnt think we needed to so drove there got in a &e , showed the rash rushed straight in( every one waiting to be seen gave us funny looks as jack was walking seemed ok) and they told us there and then think it was meningitis took to ward on isolation but on antibiotics told we need to wait for 48 blood tests to be sure, anyway found out yesterday he as been very lucky because the gp gave him abb it stopped him getting to bad! well we came home tonight with an other 10 days of abbs and lots of what ifs and buts and a list of if he gets the spots headaches , sickness in next 48 means could come back, so not out of woods yet but will be keeping an eye on him.

• VIP
oh no,i'm sorry you have all had a rough time recently and i really hope Jack is on the mend.
Good job the GP gave him meds so quickly.take care.x

• Administrators
Oh my goodness! That must of been scarey!! Thankgod he's a little better and got the meds he needed ! Hope he's tip top soon xx

• VIP
thank you he is loads better today the rash now looks like bruises and fading so defo think hes on the right path!!

• VIP
All the best of luck to you's , i'd be in such a panic . Hope he is feeling better x
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012