• VIP
Hi could someone please tell me who do you talk to about getting a bed . My son is 2 and half and is double jointed and keeps getting stuck round the bars and under the matters . I had said to his doctor last November 09 , and a nurse was sent out and told me she would get back to me , never heard again and she wouldnt reply to my messages , then i was told it was OT that is meant to help out , his old OT was trying to find out info from the nurse and we were going to go to a chairty for funding but the nurse then wouldnt reply to her either . I dont no how many times my son has hurt himself and he is now trying to pull himself up in the cot , he cant stand yet , he gets bed sores on his head as he lays across the cot , he has me up about 5-10 a night being stuck or hurting himself . I just not sure who is meant to help out or am i better just saving and raising the money myself and then where is best to find a bed that will suit him
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
That's the OT's job! Get in touch with his occupational therapist, if he doesn't have one ask his physio or gp

Libby
x
Hi Everyone, I have 2 boys 14 yr old with cp and 5 yr old with speech delay - both gorgeous!

• VIP
Thanks Libby , his OT in school is off for awhile broke her wrist so might just need to see GP and see if they can help x
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

Hello

I agree with Libby, contact the OT or GP first. It sounds like a thorough assessment is required to reduce risks of pressure sores and your son hurting himself any further.

Kiren Mohan

DLF Occupational Therapist

• VIP
Thanks , i'm not due to see his big doctor till May who had said about a bed , so will go see my GP , my son bedroom is so small , thats the only thing , i am hoping to move when i pass my test so trying to hold out looking new house