• VIP
Hi

hope someone can help me

we have a meeting at a nursery for my son to attend (mainstream)
and we have no faith in the LA as we have had some glitches and been dictated to and kind of bullied by them before on other meetings!!

and feel like i want ..well NEED someone there with us to even speak on our behalf maybe ,

its a meeting to assess our sons needs and flexibility , but i know what the LA are like , they might try and jeopardise something , as they have done in the past , as me and hubby dont know much !!

i have tried parent partnership and to be honest i have confidence in them so pls dont suggest theseSad

if anyone knows of anyone in the west midlands area ohhh plsssssssssss reply .....thankyou thankyou

ambreen

• VIP
(01-20-2011, 01:58 PM)ambreen Wrote: Hi

hope someone can help me

we have a meeting at a nursery for my son to attend (mainstream)
and we have no faith in the LA as we have had some glitches and been dictated to and kind of bullied by them before on other meetings!!

and feel like i want ..well NEED someone there with us to even speak on our behalf maybe ,

its a meeting to assess our sons needs and flexibility , but i know what the LA are like , they might try and jeopardise something , as they have done in the past , as me and hubby dont know much !!

i have tried parent partnership and to be honest i have confidence in them so pls dont suggest theseSad

if anyone knows of anyone in the west midlands area ohhh plsssssssssss reply .....thankyou thankyou

ambreen
if they pushing you about like that
you could with a friend there to support you who is strong minded
and dont let them push you about dont let them bully you (be strong)
end of day its your child education

no one wouldnt push me about in them meetings
touch wood i havent had to show my authority yet
but they always been nice and supportive
Heart mum of 2 Heart

• Moderators
do you have a social worker from the childrens disability team??. not sure where in west midlands you are but we have north staffs carers association who came to a couple of meetings with us or disability solutions can help as well. they might well have similar in your area as these are the names for ppl in stoke on trent/staffordshire area there is something called ipsea that has been mentioned a few times on here though havent had any experience with them personally
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
thankyou ladys xx

yes they are bullys here Sad

corrine social services are just as bad Sad we just have such a awful council and they kinda stick up for each other... and you dont seem to get anywhere with them ...

• Moderators
tbh the social services in stoke are a waste of time but my brother lives in newcastle under lyme and they are brilliant, one social worker even told my mum to suggest that we move across the border as they could get us so much more help than stoke so thought worth mentioning them in case u lived in a good ss area

dont know if these are any good but might be worth a call to find out who is in your area http://www.rdn-wm.org.uk/
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.