• Registered
i live in a 3 bed helena housing property in st helens my eldest son michael is 12 with asd and is becoming even more aggressive lately, he shares a bedroom with his younger brother ryan who is 9 and lets just say they dont get on and ryan knows how to get michael going, i've had somebody round from the housing to do a medical assessment about a year ago to see if there was anything they could do to increase my chances of securing a larger house sooner, all that happened was i went from a band D(the lowest group) to a band C. Lifes a nightmare now i find myself sitting up awake most nights just to make sure michael isn't hurting his brother. Me and my husband are now looking into whether we could afford a 4 bed private let but he was made redundant in july so we're now on housing benefit and just dont know where to start, all i know is my family cant carry on like this, if anybody lives in the area and knows anything that may help it would be much appreciated.

• VIP
lots of hugs to you, if that was me i would try and get as many people inovled as much as you can.
Would you health vistor, GP write a letter to see if that would help you

• Registered
thanx for the reply, his paediatrician has already done that for us and no joy there. Think its not just michael being violent towards his brother thats making me even more worried than normal, its the fact ryans still healing after all those ops he had after being ran over and i'm scared if he doex hurt him and damages ryans foot they wont be able to save it again, bad luck just seems to follow me around always has. I have a parent support worker whose tryin to find out a bit more about it for me, wish i had more time on my hands then i'd be able to look into it a bit more myself. Think i'm going have to accept thw fact that we're going no-where.

• Registered
Hi Mandy,
please google 'disabled facilities grant high court' and the first result should be 'B v A Metropolitan Borough Council.....' This caselaw should be helpful as the situation is similiar to your own.
Good luck