• Registered
Unfortuntaly not an option for us as we wouldn't get enough rent to pay the mortgage and then rent somewhere else, and we don't have any spare money each month to afford to do that as your looking between £500 - 700 a month on a simple 3 bed.

• Moderators
there are a few older threads on here that may help
http://www.parentsofdisabledchildren.co.uk/council-house-request-advice-needed-pls-t-1743.html
is one i could find as i think its a more common issue in todays times with redundancies and lack of jobs
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
Thanks Corinne, an interesting thread, however have also looked into moving into a council property but we have been told by the housing officer that despite getting higher on the list due to ben's medical needs we are still looking at a 2yr + waiting list and as we are getting desperate now, we can't wait another 2/3/4 yrs. Also they would move us from the town we live in now to 10 miles away. The problems with this are both mine and hubby's work are in the town we live in and financially would be worse off by travelling costs (i don't drive and have to rely on public transport) also Ben's goes to a special needs school 20 min walk from where we live, which he would have to leave.
The problem we are finding is just the lack of people who are willing to help or even just go through our options. Council have been little to no help (just told to fill the form and hope for the best!). All the health/medical professional agree that our house is really unsuitable for Ben yet no one is willing to help us. The few ideas which have been mentioned, which have been looked at closely between myself, hubby and council, medical professionals have all been deemed unsuitable for us, so we're told to just get on with it. Its a constant source of major stress and would just like to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel, however don't see that happeing any time soon and so go we go struggling.

• VIP
The rent wouldnt go anywhere near to covering the mortgage unfortunately. Thank r the replies xx

Mam to Thea aged 4, and Nate nearly 7 months hypotonia, breathing difficulties ( oxygen and BIPAP), dysmorphic features, undiagnosed genetically as yet.HeartHeartHeart

• VIP
Plinson 28, massive hugs. We seem to be in a similar situation! Nate is only a baby so we are just hoping something comes up.....
Xxx

Mam to Thea aged 4, and Nate nearly 7 months hypotonia, breathing difficulties ( oxygen and BIPAP), dysmorphic features, undiagnosed genetically as yet.HeartHeartHeart