• Registered
Really wanted to take my Family on holiday this year, but unsure which kind of place my Daughter would enjoy please bear in my my daughter is Autistic and has Dyspraxia (So walking is difficult for her), We have been to Butlins, but she didnt enjoy the experience, my daughter needs alot of stimulation and gets bored so easliy even tho Butlins have entertainment it still wasn't enough for her, I also have a 2 year old Son that i would be taking with me.
I have just phoned Center Parcs, but their activites have to be booked in advance, They stated there will be queing and they stated that their rooms will be full (Not good for my Daughter)
I was thinkiing Disney Land (Obviously with Taking the Pram) Can anyone think of any disadvantanges to this despite the obvious waiting times, Train Travel etc
If anyone has experienced holidays that they think would be suitable please reply to my post
Also funding, After reading some posts on here, i have applied for family funding (I only done it last night so i am unsure of the outcome as yet) but could someone explain the precedure and if they think i would be funded for a family holiday!
I claim DLA Middle Rate and Carers Allowance, My daughter also has a Statement of Special Needs and i have the relevent Paper work to Prove my Daughters Disabilites (Should i need this)??

• VIP
hi i dont have any experience with autistic children , my son has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair. we went to center parcs last year and both my children loved it , you do have to book activities in advance but you can do it while you are there usually the day before , and also i dont recall queuing for anything there. as for disney land my Children loved that too , there is plenty to do and if you go to guest services when you get there and explain your situation they should give you a pass to jump the queue and still be able to take your pushchair down the queue line too if you need to. I got funding for center parcs from a charity called children today and they put us up in a disabled room complete with a electric bed , hoists and a wet room and was right near the swimming pool and resturants. The family fund gave us £500 in thomas cook vouchers which we used as a deposit to go to disney world in florida later this year.

hope this helps xx

• Registered
Thats fantastic news for you and thank you for replying, i just hope im lucky enough to get some help... So center parcs sounds good again, I spoke to a relative thats been there are she explained there is plenty to do, I was assuming there was only the pay as you go clubs, Thank you again for replying....hope you have a fab holiday x

• Member awaiting verfication
i have 4 girls between the ages of 2yrs & 15yrs, we go to flamingoland every year (you can check info online) my second daughter has gdd behavioural difficultys and various other probs. i find flamingo land great although some rides are not suitable there are some you can go on together and also animals. the caravan site is fairly good with a well stocked shop fish and chip shop laundry and bar/ arcade with evening entertainment for all the family. in the past we have also been to haven again you can check online as different sites have different facillities depnding what you require wherever you choose i hope you have a great

• VIP
Hi Leigh, we have two Autistic children, we took them to EuroDisney, one loved it and the other hated it. It was a complete sensory overload for our daughter, too much noise etc. Don't know where your daughter is on the spectrum, but sensory issues are always a problem for us.