• Moderators
have you had a medical needs form submitted? you shouldnt be on the lowest band. we got awarded a 3 bedroomed house and we only have one child but i know things have changed a bit as we moved 6 yrs ago now but we have brother in law staying over quite regularly and its not really appropriate for him to sleep in matts room anymore as he a teenager (there are some things that teenagers need own room for Blush) but if you put on the form that he doesnt sleep well so therefore disturbs you other child so because of that he has to sleep in your room causing you to lose sleep and tbh its hard for him to settle when there is somebody in the room with him i would imagine.
if you get the form i am sure ppl on here can help with filling it in (i cant remember what form was like) as 6 yrs on the list is excessive and your needs have changed so a renewed form with a medical needs one attached may well be a good idea
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
I havent had a medical needs form submitted i think im going to do just that.He really does need his own room and the soacial servics OT agreed. Im waiting for her letter & will actually be giving her a call tomorrow to see how thats going ive already got a letter saying the property is not safe so fingers crossed.What you said about him being in my room is so true he cannot sleep in his brothers room because he is a terrible sleeper and we are working with the clinical pshycologist & occupational therapist together to tackle his sleep issues but they are waiting for the social services ot to get him a safe sleeping place. Getting him off to sleep isnt a problem its staying asleep he gets up 3-4 times a night & every couple of days he gets up from 2-3 in the morning.Im finding the older he is getting the less sleep he needs. I will get the form submit everything i have and hope for the best
Mum of 2 lovely boys[Image: smiley-angelic008.gif]

[Image: weight.png]

• VIP
Hi Katala , my house is the same open plan the kitchen and livingroom , i've had no help with asking to move , also my windows are full length and my son keeps head butting them . I got a room divider from argos , its also a play pen , it is keeping him out of the kitchen , it cost about £90 , hope you get something sorted out
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
(01-09-2011, 10:05 PM)meagain Wrote: Hi Katala , my house is the same open plan the kitchen and livingroom , i've had no help with asking to move , also my windows are full length and my son keeps head butting them . I got a room divider from argos , its also a play pen , it is keeping him out of the kitchen , it cost about £90 , hope you get something sorted out

Hi megain its terrible youve had no help with moving.The home safety lady was thinking of a room divider but because of the shape of the room and we have an island in the centre there is nothing to secure it to it would just fall down so that wasnt an option the rooms very small so that makes things difficult but wish me luck hopefully we can figure something out
Mum of 2 lovely boys[Image: smiley-angelic008.gif]

[Image: weight.png]

• VIP
Hi the one i have you can take a few of the panels off to make it smaller and it can go on the wall . They keep telling me when my son is older they will maybe look at moving me , even though i keep fallen down the stairs with him , already done my tail bone in once from it . He is only 2 and a half but his bedroom is so small can only get a cot in it . Hope you do find something soon , just keep pushing at them x
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012