• VIP
(01-08-2011, 01:08 PM)mumsword Wrote: can anyone help me my son is 5 he has problems with his leg. and he has out grown his buggy. i am looking for a special needs three wheeler for him does anyone know where i can get one i can't afford the £500+ that most of them ask for i am looking for a cheap one if anyone knows any links or can help me and alfie would be very greatful. many thanks nikky x
you can buy the maclren major of mothercare for 250.00 if you can afford it
Heart mum of 2 Heart

• Member awaiting verfication
Hi,

On Living Made Easy for children we have a three-wheeled buggies section with a range of prices.

You might also want to read our information on 'charitable funding for children's equipment' which appears on the left handside of the page. (I unable to post links at present.)

Hope this is helpful

Liz Allsop

DLF Occupational Therapist

• Member awaiting verfication
Hi, for the second installment..

On Living made easy for children we also have advice on Wheelchair provision of wheelchairs and buggies (via NHS).

You can find this advice either from the Wheelchair section of the site or looking under view all advice under related advice on the left handside of the website. (As currently I am unable to post links)

Hope this is another option.
Liz Allsop

• Registered
Hi, my son is 3 in march and has down's syndrome. he cannot walk outside yet and can mange 4 steps about 8 times a day on average in house.
He has bad reflux so needs to sit straight. we walk every where mostly dont have a car. i have asked ot who said they would leave it.
my son breaks pushchairs every few months as he doesnt like going out nor noises when out. i am a single parent on benefits and reduced to spending weeks at home till we can buy what i hope will last him and not break with his trantrums.
we have no support professionally hardly.
can anyone suggest where i could get help of something strong

Hi,

On Living Made Easy for children we have a four-wheeled buggies section with a range of prices, which also includes a Major buggy manuafactured by Maclaren. (Sorry I am currently unable to post links)

You might also want to read the above post by my collegue, about advice on Wheelchair provision of wheelchairs and buggies.

Hope this is helpful
Kiren Mohan