• Administrators
sounds dead bloomin complicated!! Undecided (maybe im just tierd hehe) fingers crossed the pick matt out hehe, is he doing well where he is? xx

• Moderators
you think its complicated lol i have had 18 months to get my head around it and still dont really understand but as soon as you get used to something they change the guidelines i was told different things when he was 16 so i dont tend to take it in until the time comes Blush
he seems to be, they are no better at filling out his home/college book than school were lol its not like he can tell me how his day went. he uses the ipod thing at college (they have one there but nobody will take responsibility for providing it for home use and social worker has told me its not up to us to buy it as he wont use it with us but would use it in respite and when interacting with other ppl) and they take him out to pub or cafe and he asks for drinks and stuff. i know he has got the staff wrapped round his finger and when we went for lunch he had 3 young ladies coming over to talk to him so obviously lack of speech isnt stopping him there hehe he doesnt queue up for his dinner he sits at table and sends his 1:1 to fetch it for him and soft sod does it lol. he is actually about 6month ahead with all his targets apart from money management which he has no interest at all but as long as he knows he has to pay for anything he picks up in a shop i dont think it really matters as its not like he will ever be able to go shop alone
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Do you think the councils would prefer people to be placed in full time residential care due to it maybe being a cheaper option?
You hear stories of people being placed in them against them or there families will and does make you wonder?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Moderators
i dont know if it would be cheaper unless their plan is to take the dla towards payment of the care. i was told that it costs £700 a week to give a transitional adult respite which if you think about it is not that bad considering they have to house and have 1:1 (compared to where he is now that charges £700 a day as they keep the room open just for matt even though he is only there 3 nights a month) but i had to go to top of childrens services and threaten legal action before i got that. going on the average cost to have an adult in care and also having to transport them to college and provide them with activities i dont think it would end up cheaper than just giving the parents a few days off a month which is all most parents are asking for. got to wonder why they can find the money to give prisons internet access and tvs and educational programs so as not to infringe on their human rights but would rather take the money off services like respite. dont disabled children have human rights too? and parents? surely we have the right to have a little bit of help which in turn helps us to try and keep as healthy as possible so we can look after our children for as long as possible. matt is 18 this year and should be out with his mates and going on hols without his parents around all the time and respite is the only way this happens that and aiming high though they are getting harder to access as he gets older even though they should be for up to 24yrs old most are for under 16.
the respite he was in through social services from what the article says costs £70000 for 24 Children who would stay on average about 30 nights a year. what happened was they would have them from school on a friday then to school on a monday then to save money they changed it to parents collecting them on a sunday teatime but tried to get away without increasing the amount of nights (seemed most parents didnt notice they were losing about 13 nights a year) this happened not long before they threw matt out of there as they wanted Children that watched telly or played in the garden and then went to sleep at 9pm as the night staff didnt seem to want to do anything other than sit drinking tea (have even had staff tell me this)

blinkin eck i only posted this thread to show ppl whats happening with respite and its got me ranting hehehehe
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.