• Moderators
a parent who i used to run parent support group at school with turned up on front page of local paper today doing what i always threatened but never plucked up nerve to do even though she is saying the respite centre is good which i cant agree with as its the same place that chucked matt out with no back up respite but considering it only costs £70,000 a year to run for 26 Children and the private respite they are paying for matt to be in are charging them £700 a night just for matt. what i dont understand is when Children are 18 they become transitional and parents are asked to pay a seventh of the respite and tbh (about £107 for a weeks respite) its worth it for the break surely they could offer parents of younger Children this rather than lose it altogether the same as i would rather pay towards matts college transport than lose it and cause stress for him

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/Families-worried-threat-care-fund/article-3075420-detail/article.html
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Thanx for sharing Smile so at 16 what are they classed as...child or adult!? How exactly does the 'transition' work? Do you get no overnites at all once they're classed as an adult?x

• Established member
Good for her! The council are a load of scumbags, our one announced they are going to get rid of a load of auxillarys for Children with learning disabilities. They take money off people that can't fight back Angry x

• Moderators
they are still children at 16 they get a transitional worker supposedly from 14 to give them time to get to know them but as you know ppl staying in same job for 7 yrs is unlikely. once they reach 18 they are adults but dont go under adult services until they are 25 they are classed as transitional. it means that the respite centres and day centres are geared more for their agegroup and there is different funding available as its seen that if they are under 25 they are entlitled to the same things as others and while they might not be able to go to university they shouldnt be stuck at home all day. friend who's lad goes to college 3 days a week gets direct payment for the other 2 days that he cant go as there arent any suitable courses he could do where when they get to 25 they can stay at home all day but wont get money to do it i dont know i not even thinking that far ahead hehe hopefully matt is in with a chance to stay where he is until he is 21 ( they usually leave at 19 but will cherry pick some Children to stay on that they think will benefit from it)

bear in mind this might be a staffordshire thing and not nationwide i dont know Blush
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
sounds dead bloomin complicated!! Undecided (maybe im just tierd hehe) fingers crossed the pick matt out hehe, is he doing well where he is? xx