• Registered
Hi
Im just looking for some advice please, we have been given access to a grant through our local council. We chose to go down the preferred scheme as we didnt agree with the proposals that they put forward for the location of the wet room, so they are putting some funding towards the building costs.

My big concern is that we are at the fkooring stage now and I have been advised that i have to put down the `altro' flooring just like what is in our local hospital Confused which i really dont want as we have spent so much time in our local hospital I certainly dont want it in my home. I know safety is paramount but Iv been told that there is other tile options that would work too.

Looking for advice from other parents that have been in a similar situation please.
Blush

• Registered
we got ours done think it was altro flooring but i got a nice grey/blue colour on ours and it is quiet nice down has like a sparkle in it and the cream one down stairs but i do know they do other colours which might not look so hospitlaq type i know i didnt have a choice as its a special type for to keep the joists dry etc and we got greymarble pvc sheeting on the walls round the shower and its great sorri if im not much good lol

• VIP
Like Elaine we also got altro flooring down in Christopher's Wet Room and I don't think it looks like the hospital flooring,
it's Blue with a bit of a sparkle it looks really well, we had a choice of colour but went for blue so we could paint a sort of a sea and beach scene on the walls so it works well.

Hope you get what your looking for

Bernie
Don't look down on anyone unless your helping them up

• Registered
Hi,

We've just had a disabled adaptation done in our bathroom and I told them what I wanted as we have a daughter too and I wanted a bit of privacy for her, we were told we could only have curtains and half height doors etc...... I spoke to my ot and then with the council rep and they agreed our changes, we have the altro flooring but to be honest it doesn't look like a disabled adaptation as we have a bespoke shower screen and the floor colour goes with the bathroom furniture. I found the council people were actually really helpful and as long as the OT is happy the council will pay. Just a note thought make sure you have building control check you all the way through as we missed a bit and they picken up on it. Good luck though remember it's your bathroom and it has to be for the whole family.
Sleepy

(01-06-2011, 09:02 PM)sannyysan Wrote: Hi
Im just looking for some advice please, we have been given access to a grant through our local council. We chose to go down the preferred scheme as we didnt agree with the proposals that they put forward for the location of the wet room, so they are putting some funding towards the building costs.

My big concern is that we are at the fkooring stage now and I have been advised that i have to put down the `altro' flooring just like what is in our local hospital Confused which i really dont want as we have spent so much time in our local hospital I certainly dont want it in my home. I know safety is paramount but Iv been told that there is other tile options that would work too.

Looking for advice from other parents that have been in a similar situation please.
Blush