• Administrators
Hello starlights, and welcome to the forum.
We are all a freindly bunch here so please join in and say hello and tell us about you and your family.

Once again thank you for joining the forum
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Hi There.
I have 4 children the youngest has gross motor delays,hypotonia,hypermobile.
she is currently under a paediatrican at local hospital. a physio and ot and is due to see neuro at gosh.So still awaiting a diagonosis.
Look forward to hearing from people in similer position.(:

• Administrators
(10-13-2009, 09:04 PM)starlights Wrote: Hi There.
I have 4 children the youngest has gross motor delays,hypotonia,hypermobile.
she is currently under a paediatrican at local hospital. a physio and ot and is due to see neuro at gosh.So still awaiting a diagonosis.
Look forward to hearing from people in similer position.(:

Hi Starlight,
Thanks for joining.
Waiting for a diagnosis is a frustrating process.
When my son was poorly we waited for 7 months and he was losing weight and not growing which when you have a baby not growing you start to think the health visitors are looking at youHuh
But once you get that diagnosis believe me it may hurt but you adapt and you will be glad to finally have a diagnosis.
What tests have been done now and what are the symptoms?

• Registered
Hi, Daniel
Thanks for your reply and can i just say that you have done brillantly with this site.

My daughter has had a MRI and EEG done so far the MRI showed a shadow wich is down to a probabble artifact but showed no damage. which is good her EEG showed sharp spikes on frontal lobe not sure if this is due to epilepsy or something else at present so she has been refered to GOSH by her paeditrican so these test can be done again under a Neurologist.
her blooods were fine except elevated calcium,elevated serum phrosphate(sp?)
and elevated ck levels.

Symptom wise she has gross motor delay, is hypotonic and hypermobile.
has myoclonic jerks in her sleep, frequently awakes duering the night very rigid and inconsolable. has had some shuddering eppisodes. she does become very tierd at times and very irratble and rubbs her legs alot like they are hurting.
we will be seeing neuro next month so hopefully they can shed some light.. so we can work on making her happier.
Thanks again for reading, Its nice to wright it down rather than keep going over it in my head.. just hope i remember everything i want to tell the neuro.

• Administrators
(10-14-2009, 12:57 PM)starlights Wrote: Thanks again for reading, Its nice to wright it down rather than keep going over it in my head.. just hope i remember everything i want to tell the neuro.
Hi Starlight,
This is the key write it down and take along a list of any concerns and any questions you have,many parents do it so well worth doing so dont be paranoid about doing thatSmile
I am glad you like the site and i hope you really find it useful with any questions you have.
Get involved with other members and enjoy the place....Shy