• VIP
Well I'm sure you have all heard about the problems here in N Ireland and the water.

Well we were without water for about 6 days, and it was an nightmare trying to wash a 15 yr old from top to toe with wipes is not a good way.

In the end we had to get on to our councillor and he in turn got in contact with our MLA after 5 day an engineer came out at 9pm and we found we still had frozen pipes and we put hot water down to see if that would help.
Well 6am the next morning at last we had water woohoo.

During this our councillor came out with 2 containers of water to use for flushing the toilets which was very good of him.
I'll not tell you have the things we had to do the save water lol it would take too long.

I have to say this has been worse christmas every for us I am greatful that Christopher did take ill out of it all.

Watching the news thou there alot of people worse of than ourselfs, not only no water but no heating.

So I hope 2011 brings better weather and happier times

Bernie
Don't look down on anyone unless your helping them up

• Administrators
I wondered if it would have affected members Sad
Its truly shocking that it could have happened in the way it did and that the infastructure was not upto cold weather.
We had a burst pipe last month and we had to either have hot water or heating and when we used either the heating or the hot water we didnt have the other and this went on for a month and we thought we had it bad.
If we wanted heating we had to turn off the stop cock and if we wanted water we had to turn on the stop cock and this would knock the heating off as the pipe which had burst was the hot water pipe so it drained the heating damm combi boilers Dodgy
We couldnt get anyone to fix the damm thing.
But in comparrision to having no water at all i think we did well really to have something.
Although we are left with a hefty damage repair bill which we will be passing onto the council as they were negligent in not fixing it sooner.

I just could not imagine being in the situation that those in Northern Ireland are facing and i keep hearing about the possible health risks.

In terms of those with health needs for water whats being done?
For example our sons conditon requires alot of water fluid intake and without it would be very very ill but looking at the news here it appears water was rationed but it doesnt mention if that rationing was allowing extra for those with medical need?

Its a shocking state of affairs really that as a country the pipes cannot withstand tempurates that is all reality were not major and you would think that the piping would withstand more?

What did you find the hardest challenge in terms of your sons care needs?

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
yes we had no water from monday and this morning we woke up to water got shpowers etc and went shopping came home this afternoon to no water again grrr just glad we didnt throw out our bottles etc getting a bit fed up with it especially since we heard all the water has been redirected to belfast for the new year celebrations im livid xx

• VIP
(12-31-2010, 06:54 PM)Daniel Wrote: I wondered if it would have affected members Sad
Its truly shocking that it could have happened in the way it did and that the infastructure was not upto cold weather.
We had a burst pipe last month and we had to either have hot water or heating and when we used either the heating or the hot water we didnt have the other and this went on for a month and we thought we had it bad.
If we wanted heating we had to turn off the stop cock and if we wanted water we had to turn on the stop cock and this would knock the heating off as the pipe which had burst was the hot water pipe so it drained the heating damm combi boilers Dodgy
We couldnt get anyone to fix the damm thing.
But in comparrision to having no water at all i think we did well really to have something.
Although we are left with a hefty damage repair bill which we will be passing onto the council as they were negligent in not fixing it sooner.

I just could not imagine being in the situation that those in Northern Ireland are facing and i keep hearing about the possible health risks.

In terms of those with health needs for water whats being done?
For example our sons conditon requires alot of water fluid intake and without it would be very very ill but looking at the news here it appears water was rationed but it doesnt mention if that rationing was allowing extra for those with medical need?

Its a shocking state of affairs really that as a country the pipes cannot withstand tempurates that is all reality were not major and you would think that the piping would withstand more?

What did you find the hardest challenge in terms of your sons care needs?

we was close with ours our pipes frozen and we couldnt get any hot water
fortunatly our housing association manage to sort it out (pheww)

i have some one in family who works for a water company (not in ireland)
and they are having soo many phone calls
and giving out water to people
Heart mum of 2 Heart

• VIP
I hope they manage to sort it out soon. We had to go without heating for 5 days last october when it snowed. so no cooking either. Council gave us elec hob but it's not enough to feed family of four. I think they should have made more provisions and sorted it out sooner. My heart goes out to all who had no heating or water. xx
Heart Mum to Abigail 8 & Matthew 4. He stops breathing & needs to be resucitated. Has Bulbar Palsy & was born with a hole in his stomach, has mic-key tube fitted. Matt has heart/lung problems and is also tube-fed.