• Registered
just seen this thread..my son is 13 (almost) and he is doubly incontinant too..he uses huggies dry nights..they go up to age 15! and as he is soo skinny i reckon they will fit him long after 15.

• Registered
(12-28-2010, 09:13 PM)davids mum Wrote: Hi all, my son has Down Syndrome, low muscle tone & is doubly incontinent. At 8 years old (size of a 5 year old), weighing only 20 kg, he is still in nappies. Being in mainstream school, this is beginning to become an issue. He would love to wear 'normal' pants but has no sensation of when he is passing anything.

I'm trying to locate a supplier of 'pull-ups' with resealable sides as having to remove Piedro boots, trousers and pants is becoming a problem for his TA during the day... Don't want him to be "forced" into Special School by LA yet as he is doing so well in Primary School.

Have tried Huggies 'Little Walkers' & they can work for now but he is on their max size (only good to about 18 months!).

Is there anyone out there who can suggest a company to try/contact? My GP Health Visitor is brilliant & will work with us to get stuff on prescription if it is available in another County (we are in Herefordshire). Look forward to hearing from someone.

Regards,

Mel

Hi my son is in the same boat... and we get nappies with resealable sides through our nhs/hospital, speak to health visitor who should be able to direct you to the special childrens therapists at the hospital. they are delivered to the door monthly and come in various sizes....

• VIP
My son is 5 and has been using the Huggies Little Walkers.
He is now in Huggies Pull Ups which are exactly the same as the Little Walkers except they have pictures of Disney's Cars. And they go up to much larger sizes.
These I get through the continence service after we tried all the usual ones they had to offer and they didn't work for us.
Dodgy

• Registered
Thanks, I am seeing David's Health Visitor today so I will be able to tell her then and see what she has found out.

• VIP
Health visitors don't tend to be great at these things.
Phone your local continence service and ask them to come out and do an assessment.
Dodgy