• Registered
Hi all, my son has Down Syndrome, low muscle tone & is doubly incontinent. At 8 years old (size of a 5 year old), weighing only 20 kg, he is still in nappies. Being in mainstream school, this is beginning to become an issue. He would love to wear 'normal' pants but has no sensation of when he is passing anything.

I'm trying to locate a supplier of 'pull-ups' with resealable sides as having to remove Piedro boots, trousers and pants is becoming a problem for his TA during the day... Don't want him to be "forced" into Special School by LA yet as he is doing so well in Primary School.

Have tried Huggies 'Little Walkers' & they can work for now but he is on their max size (only good to about 18 months!).

Is there anyone out there who can suggest a company to try/contact? My GP Health Visitor is brilliant & will work with us to get stuff on prescription if it is available in another County (we are in Herefordshire). Look forward to hearing from someone.

Regards,

Mel

• VIP
(12-28-2010, 09:13 PM)davids mum Wrote: Hi all, my son has Down Syndrome, low muscle tone & is doubly incontinent. At 8 years old (size of a 5 year old), weighing only 20 kg, he is still in nappies. Being in mainstream school, this is beginning to become an issue. He would love to wear 'normal' pants but has no sensation of when he is passing anything.

I'm trying to locate a supplier of 'pull-ups' with resealable sides as having to remove Piedro boots, trousers and pants is becoming a problem for his TA during the day... Don't want him to be "forced" into Special School by LA yet as he is doing so well in Primary School.

Have tried Huggies 'Little Walkers' & they can work for now but he is on their max size (only good to about 18 months!).

Is there anyone out there who can suggest a company to try/contact? My GP Health Visitor is brilliant & will work with us to get stuff on prescription if it is available in another County (we are in Herefordshire). Look forward to hearing from someone.

Regards,

Mel

Hi Mel,
we struggeled for a while trying to get the right size nappies for our daughter,we started on Huggies and now are using Libero. I don't know if this is a regional thing in the country, but through our Health Visitor, she put us in touch with our local Incontinence service. They came round to our house with loads of samples, we tried what we thought were the best ones and took it from there. Also they deliver them to our house every three months for nothing. It might be worth asking about it, if you get no joy email me and I will get in touch with our local service and ask them if there is anything they can do.
Good luck.
Kel

• VIP
We currently get huggies pull-ups to use with Nicole, but when she outgrows these, i don't know what i'm going to do. I'll be watching this post with interest.

Crabwell what is libero??
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• VIP
when your should be eligible to get nappys from the incontinence nurse for free now
i think its ages around 4 to 5 when they can start getting nappies from the nhs
(12-29-2010, 06:07 PM)sweetgiz Wrote: when your should be eligible to get nappys from the incontinence nurse for free now

Heart mum of 2 Heart

• VIP
gosh let me re phrase that
your child should be eligible to get nappys from the incontinence nurse for free now
Heart mum of 2 Heart