• VIP
I'm sure this has been asked but without trawling the archives I will just make a new post. Sorry for being lazy Big Grin

I am planning to take my son to Disneyland in January as he is having a really stressful time at the moment and he has been really ill and I just think it will be nice for him to have a break and get lost in a magical world.

My concerns are he has been before and it ends up in him being more stressed then having fun as he can't que for long or be crowded in if he is stuck in a que with no way out he will just become very aggressive and upset. He also has stamina issues and last time we went they wouldn't let me take his pram in to the que so I had to carry him but the que was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long and it just ended up being bad for both of us.

I noticed people using these pass things which allowed them to go into the disabled entrance of the que and wait there and also go to different areas with less people. I have no qualms quing he just can't cope with lots of people so if we could wait in a quieter area or something that would help. People with these passes were also taking their buggys and wheelchairs into this entrance. As I will be brining a wheelchair this time I am hoping they will be more accommodating.

Does any one know about these passes and what I need to get one? Also if I am taking my own wheelchair do I need some kind of proof as I know they have their own to rent and they might think its theirs.

Also if anyone has taken their children to disneyland and have any ideas on how I can make it more enjoyable to him please let me know Big Grin thanks.
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh

• VIP
oh and I made it sound like there would be no point going, he does love the parks he just can't cope with the queing and lots of people but the way he acts when he meets the characters is worth taking him for his face lights up and he is just the happiest I have ever seen him!!!!

• Registered
(12-15-2010, 12:55 AM)lubynoo Wrote: Hi Im not sure which Disneyland you mean? If you mean Disneyland Paris then i took my son their two years ago. When i went to queue up i went to A seperate booth to queue and they give you passes to go straight in. You need proof of your sons disability (dla letter?) You then go into the park and go to guest services and they give you a pass which lets you go through to the front of the queue. We stayed in one of the hotels in the grounds of the park. These have free buses which take you too and from the park on a regular basis! Hope this helps!!
I'm sure this has been asked but without trawling the archives I will just make a new post. Sorry for being lazy Big Grin

I am planning to take my son to Disneyland in January as he is having a really stressful time at the moment and he has been really ill and I just think it will be nice for him to have a break and get lost in a magical world.

My concerns are he has been before and it ends up in him being more stressed then having fun as he can't que for long or be crowded in if he is stuck in a que with no way out he will just become very aggressive and upset. He also has stamina issues and last time we went they wouldn't let me take his pram in to the que so I had to carry him but the que was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long and it just ended up being bad for both of us.

I noticed people using these pass things which allowed them to go into the disabled entrance of the que and wait there and also go to different areas with less people. I have no qualms quing he just can't cope with lots of people so if we could wait in a quieter area or something that would help. People with these passes were also taking their buggys and wheelchairs into this entrance. As I will be brining a wheelchair this time I am hoping they will be more accommodating.

Does any one know about these passes and what I need to get one? Also if I am taking my own wheelchair do I need some kind of proof as I know they have their own to rent and they might think its theirs.

Also if anyone has taken their children to disneyland and have any ideas on how I can make it more enjoyable to him please let me know Big Grin thanks.

• Registered
Hi
If you look on the Disneyland website, and look up disabilities, it should give you all the info there, but basically you do have to take your DLA letter and go to 1 of the 2 places, forget what they are called without looking it up and you will get a pass, which enables you to take wheelchair sometimes via the exit rather than the entrance for easier access,, it does state that it is not a way of queue hopping, but you do tend to not have to wait very long, if there are loads of other disabled people (which there were the last time we went !!!, then they may make you wait a couple of rides inbetween otherwise the people who have been queing for ages get a bit irritated). I think one of the places was Town Hall or something like that on the left when you first enter the park at main Street. The only one we didnt go on was Peter Pan as they said that the child must be mobile enough to climb down a ladder if the ride got stuck !!!! :/ WEll my son can walk with help, but he wouldnt be able to climb down a ladder.

Also something else we found out after the 3rd visit to Disney was that if you go to the First Aid place in the Central Plaza (next to Plaza Gardens restaurant), they will let you change your child - if they wear pads - in the first aid room, so that you have some privacy, as there are no changing areas, there are disabled toilets, but that is for people who are toilet trained, and then there is the baby changing area which had a lovely long area to lie child down, but not good if you dont want everyone staring at you cause you are changing a 12 year olld Sad

good luck and do your research about disabled visitors on their web site - I managed to find a lot out by buying a little pocket guide book about visiting Disneyland Paris, that had lots of info in there too which I wish I had know all this when we visited the first time. Good luck it really does help if you know all this first as it is frustrating to see everyone else doing what you should be doing - sorry going on a bit now. Bye x

• VIP
He doesn't have a DLA letter yet as he has only just been recommended for it so I don't have one yet, and I won't have one for three months judging by how long they take. I am taking his wheelchair is this enough o do I need something else to take with me? He also doesn't have a blue badge yet we are also waiting for that. I did look on the website but couldn't find anything on what to do if you didn't have dla letter or a blue badge hence the thread Big Grin.

The first aid room sounds good he is 5 and so doesn't want to be changed with the babies but cannot use the toilet to save his life bless him. Do you just go in or need to get permission? The peter pan ride is weird to me as I have seen heavily disabled children carried onto it and I doubt they could climb a ladder?

Did you take a wheelchair? Did they query it at the exit and entrance of the park did you need a thing to say it was your wheelchair?

Thanks Big Grin