• VIP
Well I'm having another baby and I'm very excited but a little apprehensive at the same time. I'm currently under investigation for a form of congenital myopathy or myasthenia and so is my son who is 3. The genetics counsellor has said although they haven't confirmed diagnosis it is very likely to be an autosominal dominant gene which means there would be 50/50 chance of this baby having the same condition and they can't rule out having a child who is more severely affected either.

I know I can cope although I may have to get someone in the clean up haha but I am worried about how hard things will be if my baby has a more severe form of the condition, its bad enough for my son although he is a very happy little boy and I'd have 10 of him, but I have managed to keep him out of hospital for the most part which has helped. I worry about not having the same level of control if my baby needs more care. Oh I'm thinking too far ahead I know I need to just wait and see but I suppose its normal to worry a bit.

• VIP
Hi awk thats great news :-) You sound over the moon , I hope it all goes well for you and i'm sure your worried as well but it is normal to worry about any pregnancy . Hope you get great news on all 3 of you's xo
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
Congratulations xx
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• Administrators
CONGRATULATIONS Smile Smile it is completely normal to worry nomatter how much everyone will tell you to enjoy it it'll always be there....just try and keep shoving it to the back tho Wink soooo pleased for you, you do sound very happy. fingers crossed things work out great for you all Smile

xx

• VIP
Thanks all I am really happy we have been planning this little bundle for some time now as I knew even though there is quite a risk I wasn't going to let it put me off having another beautiful baby.