• Registered
I expect you to stand by your comments, it would be feeble if you didn't, I was simply offering another point of view.

I think there is a forum for risque material and in this case the forum is appropriate. I agree if someone repeated such comments in a supermarket then it's inappropriate, but then it's not the originator of the material at fault, but the dimwitted individual who repeated it. It's kind of like blaming a distillery for underage drinkers.

I didn't mean that Frankie Boyle was progressive, more the fact that Channel 4 allowed it to air. I agree that race hate is not appropriate but our society had to air all it's views on the stereotypes of race,gender and sexual orientation historically to get to the more balanced and open communities we now live in. I think disability, whilst it has come a long way, has far to go and has to be pushed in peoples faces by whatever medium, good material or bad - there are still many out there who don't understand the equaity of various levels of physical/mental ability - this is part of the reason there are so many underlying issues surrounding funding and resources, back room politicians with little or no empathy.

If any sort of discrimination is wrong why is it appropriate to have a pop at Katie Price?

Saying that Frankie Boyles show does not have specific warnings for certain social groups he will target is just daft - most people who tune into him know what he's about, he attacks all groups and individuals at leisure, he's either amusing to you or not, otherwise it makes it worse that you find certain elements of his attacking material acceptable and others not - you cannot draw a line where it suits you and then be disgusted, it should be watch it or turn it off depending on your taste. The only proper form of censorship is that administered by the individual over their own lives and those of any they have direct responsibility for.

Anyone who lives their lives in the public eye, whether right or wrong, is fair game for open criticism, and often sadly this stretches to their friends and family too -but Katie Price may not have protected her son to her best, I feel, though I can't say I know enough to pass serious comment. A man saying this about your child at the Asda bears no resemblance to this issue - in that case there would be a direct and effective response from most parents I would imagine.

• VIP
can some one kick him off plzzzzz
bann him
banthem

Heart mum of 2 Heart

• Administrators
The member may have a view that i or some members dont agree with but as long as the member stays within the rules and acts with decency then we allow the members points Smile
As the poster himself has a disabled child then he is welcome providing the rules are adhered to and so far they have been.
As i will go on the record again and say i do not agree with these thoughts and maybe other members would like to say what they think about it as well Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Administrators
(01-21-2011, 07:51 PM)sweetgiz Wrote: can some one kick him off plzzzzz
bann him
banthem

Sorry had to edit the post although the comments may make you angry debate is a thing that allows everybody to put a view forward and i know the swear word was maybe done through anger and hence just the edit but please keep the naughty words off the forum Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(01-21-2011, 08:22 PM)sweetgiz Wrote: ok hun there one on previous page
but he is taking ....
pile of dogg poo
Heart mum of 2 Heart