• Registered
could you explain what is happening to the housing allowance? as thechanges they have made r crippling me financially!!!
could you explain what is happening to the housing allowance? as thechanges they have made r crippling me financially!!!

• Moderators
matt is 18 next year so will be classed as an adult, he doesnt need to go for a meeting for esa until he is nearly 20 as he cant get it without me losing child tax credits and hopefully he might be staying where he is until he is 21. just glad i have a good transitional social worker rather than the rot i have had under childrens services. i will read whats going on but struggle with reading a lot of complicated information in one go Blush
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
My son is 16 next year and i have been told he will have to fill in his own form. i cant see how he will be able to do that his reading age is 10 and comprehension is around 8.5 years. i have heard of a mention that i may be aloud to fill in his forms but i will need to wait and see. im worried that who ever comes to access him will not see how dibilitating his autism makes him as he comes across as fairly able. However under the surface he is not at all like other 16 year olds. He has never been out alone infact he would only ever go to school or the pool if left to him, the outside world could just disapear. how will a medical expert understand this ?

• Administrators
I think Corinne will be able to advise you on this Julie as im sure she has gone through this stage of getting guardianship to handle affairs and this would be a case of where you could handle his affairs.
If i remember rightly they come out to your house and ask you to complete a form Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Moderators
yes, just before your son is 16 someone from works and pensions comes and they meet with your son and have a chat with them (or not if they refuse to acknowledge them hehe) if it seems that he doesnt understand money or will not be able to look after themselves they will ask you to fill in a form accepting responsibility for his financial needs. they are very good and will also check that you are getting everything that you are entitled to. i have never heard of not being allowed to fill the form in for children just because they are 16 (i filled mother in laws forms in as she couldnt understand them).
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.