• Registered
[/size]NEED SOME ADVICE NOT SHARE WHERE TO START, SO HERE I GO I LIVE IN A 3 BED HOUSING ASSOCIATION HOUSE WITH MY HUS AND 3 CHILDREN JAKE WHO HAS CEREBRAL PALSY WE ALSO LIVE WITH MY NAN WHO IS 86 AND THE HOUSE IS IN HER NAME. WE ON THE LIST FOR OUR OWN HOUSE BUT WHERE WE ARE YOU HAVE TO BID THE PROMBLEM IS THERE ISNT ANY HOUSES AND WHEN THERE IS WE ARE NO WHERE NEAR TO GET ONE.

THE HOUSE WHERE WE ARE HAS A UP STAIRS WET ROOM WHICH IS SMALL AND A CHAIR LIFT THEY WHERE PUT IN FOR MY NAN. JAKE UNABLE TO USE THE LIFT HEALTH AND SAFTY TOU KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE. ALL KID SHARE A ROOM WHICH IS HARD ITS GETTING TO THE STAGE THAT CARRYING HIM UP THE STARS IS DANGEOUS HE REALLY NEEDS A HIOST BUT NO ROOM IN THE HOUSE.

ARE OT HAS SAID THEY CANT DO ANY MORE TO HELP US BECAUSE WE HAD A OFF RECORD MEETING WITH HOUSING THEY SAID THEY THINK THEY CANT ADD ON BECAUSE IT WOULD COST TOO MUCH EVEN WE HAVE ROOM TO DO IT THE PROMBLE IS THAT WE HAVE LOT OF DRAINS IN THE GARDEN WE HAVE NONE OF THIS IN WRITING IM NOT HAPPY WITH THE OT. I WOULD BE GLAD OF SOME ADVICE IT FEELS LIKE THEY DONT CARE. THE SOCIAL WORKER SAID THEY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING IF WE FALL DOWN THE STAIRS THATS WRONG WHY DOES SOMETHING BAD HAVE TO HAPPEN TO MAKE THEM DO SOMETHING I JUST WANT JAKE TO HAVE A GOOD LIFE AND BE HAPPY.

DO WE HAVE ANY RIGHTS AS THE HOUSE ISNT IN OUR NAME. SORRY FOR GOING ON IT JUST MAKES ME SO MAD

• VIP
Hi i'm unsure about this , i thought that its only the name of the person that has rights of the home .

It is a nightmare for you . My son is 2 and a half and not walking and i've fallen downstairs with him a few times and i was told by OT that he is still to young to look into moving us to a house that would be better for us .

I dont even know of where you would go for help with this , maybe housing right's or citizen advice . Sorry cant help much , good luck
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• Administrators
Hi and welcome to the forum Smile
Its a complex problem but not too complex based on certain factors.
Are you all on the tenancy agreement?
Secondly can i confirm there is 6 people in a 3 bedroomed home?

Also the 3 bedrooms you have do you know the estimated sizing of the rooms?
Also what are the ages of the children?

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
thanks for the replays all bedrooms are small got bunk bed in Children room and jake at the moment sleeps on the bottom which is a small double bed and jamie who ends up sleeping in our room as no room in the kid for a other bed and wardrobes. i end up sleeping wiyh jake becauce he fits in the night. the housing know we live with my nan but cant be put on tenancy.
the children are nearly 8 then 6 and 2. i dont think there much i can do

• Administrators
Then you have two cases here
Homelessness and medical needs priority some councils allow you to do both others only one.
In terms of the current situation are you currently on our priority banding or points?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE