• Registered
iv a 3 bed flat have 4 children 2 of each sex 2 with asd my son 11 is sharing with his 14 yo old brother and he dont sleep is up all night sometimes will argue fight with my 14 year old over nothing how would i go about asking for his own room

• VIP
Hi i'm not sure what way this would work , as they can share a room until 18 years old . Could you ask your OT to write out a later and give it to a housing officer . Go see the Citizens Advice they might be able to help you out. Good luck
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• Administrators
You could contact your local council and ask for a medical needs application. It can take a while and they will assess your current housing situation, also if you supply supporting evidence off a doctor or social worker etc that would help. Some councils are different to others, some offer a points system or a grade/bidding system, are you council/HA currently or do you know how your council operates?? Xx

• Registered
(12-06-2010, 02:02 PM)Lucy Wrote: You could contact your local council and ask for a medical needs application. It can take a while and they will assess your current housing situation, also if you supply supporting evidence off a doctor or social worker etc that would help. Some councils are different to others, some offer a points system or a grade/bidding system, are you council/HA currently or do you know how your council operates?? Xx

hey thanks im h/a and i dont have social worker does that matter ? xxx

• Administrators
It doesn't matter no I was just thinking of support. You can apply for a move to an extra bedroomed property on the grounds he's autistic and is struggling to share but you'd need support to do this. It would stoll be a medical needs application. Might help if you could get an OT but I know they're hard to get Undecided have you tried looking for maybe an exchange!?x