• VIP
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/28/sunday/main7096335.shtml

Just came across this article in the news - Story from the US about how things were 50 yrs back. Thankfully the outlook has changed over these years Smile

• VIP
god yes thankfully things are no longer like that.

• Registered
Ahhhh that's a sad story but a least it has a happy ending, with Jeff finding his sister Molly.

• Moderators
when matt was first diagnosed 15 yrs ago i went to college library to get some information on autism (the internet wasnt really much in them days) and the only book i found was from the 60's and in the first few pages it recommended putting the child in a home and get on with your life. so glad things have changed and information is out there as well
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
Yes thankfully things have improved. This makes sad reading, really made me think with Annie having a older sister maybe im times pasr we would have been encouraged to split our family up too