• VIP
Just wondering if anyone else has experience this.
The only child my son can really relate to and the only child he doesn't become distressed with is a little bot who used to live across the road from us. We have both since moved but the boys remain good friends. The other little boy doesn't have any other close friends either.

We have now discovered that both of our sons have Autism and are very similar the only exception being my son becomes distressed and their son becomes violent. They will always look after one another and they go into their own world together. We didn't have any idea of the Autism until recently we just thought they were close friends. They must have realised they had something in common.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this? Big Grin
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh

• VIP
Hi maybe a bit different than your story , but my son is 2 and a half and has severe learning problems and sensory issues , he is at school but doesnt mix with the Children his age , he adores adults though and he is very gently with children younger than him , he just seems to know they are younger
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
It sounds like they have a very good bond, must be nice to see.
My eldest is autistic and he is yet to meet any other asd children so I have no idea what his reaction would be. He does prefer the company of adults to his peers at the moment.
Heart Single Mummy to Noah (5) ASD, Abbigail (4) and Oliver (2) Heart

• Moderators
matthew never seemed to interact with other children, prefering to spend time with adults but since he has been at f/e college he has mixed a lot more with his peers, i went to the school for lunch with matt and students all came over to say hi to matt and one arrrd him (he knows he gets hugs of ppl when he says rrrrr) another slaps hands so he put his hand up so she could hold his hand while he ate his biscuit with other hand lol it was great to see him interacting with ppl his own age rather than adults (though i guess they are adults as they are between 16 and 21)
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
It is really interesting my son doesn't even like talking to adults most of the time unless it is something he wants to discuss and he is feeling up to it then he will yamble on regardless of how they feel. It's just strange that he and Thomas get on so well and if he is having what I call an episode which involves him going crazy and screaming etc then Thomas can calm him down and sooth him. They don't really talk properly they tend to use a weird language that they seem to understand its quite sweet really!!
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh