• Registered
Hi, I have an 8yr old Son with C.P and a Special Needs Statement. I have had continual problems with regards his Schooling, and have only recently been informed (by a lovely lady at Cerebra) that We could have a CAF (Common Assessment Franework) Report done. Looks like this might be the way to got for us, so it might do the trick for you. x x

• Registered
my little girl is five and has GDD, we opted to put her into mainstream nursery, and reception as i wanted to give it a go for her, to see if this would help her speech, language, eagerness to learn and confidence improve.I was worried that being around sign and non speaking children would delay her even more. She has now just had a review as she is due to go into yr 1 in sept. She has come on in leaps and bounds at mainstream although it was a fight to get her in, the school really didnt want to take her. I have no doubt at all that at that time I made the right choice for maddie, she is a totally different child now, she wants to learn and interact, the freedom of mainstream while she was so young has really encouraged maddie, but now it is my choice that maddie goes to a special school in september. As i feel this is the perfect age for maddie and she is at the right place in her development to adapt well. The school is specifically for children with language and communication problems which are maddies main problems. So when they tell the children a story maddie can get the full benefit as it will be in paget gorman signed speech, unlike mainstream where it was just pictures to her. she can make some real friendships with children like her who she can communicate properly with and not just want to baby her, which is cute in nursery, but its her time now.

• Registered
What about dual placement? My son has cp, complex seizures and other medical problems, however he attends Mainstream school two days and a special school the rest of the week. He gets the best of both worlds and he gets the help he need.