• VIP
Hi there
I am thinking of applying for a grant but having a few difficulties, first do they class chromosome conditions as qualifying? Secondly who do people use as medical referee do you have to pay the gp? What sort of money do they allocate I've seen a great piece of sensory kit to encourage vocalisation, a big issue ofor Annie but
it is £800 +
thanks
Rachel

• Registered
Yes Cerebra do class chromosome conditions as brain injuries, my child has a 13q deletion. However I do know that at this present time Cerebra have no money left for grants, we applied for one for a trike for my son and were told that there was no money left. As for a referee, we got our sons physio to be one. However I think a GP, school nurse, physio, OT would be suitable.

• VIP
(11-29-2010, 10:04 PM)Emma HHH Wrote: Yes Cerebra do class chromosome conditions as brain injuries, my child has a 13q deletion. However I do know that at this present time Cerebra have no money left for grants, we applied for one for a trike for my son and were told that there was no money left. As for a referee, we got our sons physio to be one. However I think a GP, school nurse, physio, OT would be suitable.

We used Christopher's Physio and his Teacher for referee, we also have been told that they have no money not until 2011.

Don't look down on anyone unless your helping them up

• VIP
Thankyou for your replies x

• VIP
bernie/emma, does your application stay on file or do you need to apply again?
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux