• VIP
Hi
yes its me again ..i feel terrible keep posting a lot lately bet your all getting sick of me lol

just a quick one really

we been given rantidine medicine for my son as he swallows hes burps and bloats up on a evening so they said it could be reflux problem and gave us this medicine , so hope it works ...anyone have any advice on it? tried it ? etc

thanx again xx

• VIP
Scott was on ranitadine for a while,it did help his reflux symptoms although now omeperazole works better for him. hope it helps your little one.x

• VIP
awww thanku chrissie

• Registered
We were the same as Chrissie. Teddy was on Ranitidine when he was smaller but it stopped working so he's now on omeperzole and domperidone, which works ok.

• VIP
ranitidine is generally very effective if used properly, it is super sensitive to weight gain so make sure he is weighed regularly and the doses are increased accordingly. as others have said, the most effective antacid is Omeprazole as *should* totally stop the production of stomach acid. but in the long term there can be more in the way of side effects so if the ranitidine works its best to stick with it :-) hope it does
carrie xxx