• Administrators
£80 Confused
What did you apply for the sofa?
They usually advise you apply for various things to get a higher amount.
They are working on the basis of a second hand sofa from a charity shop i assume with that amount?
Even second hand you would possibly struggle as the decent charity shops by me start around £140 from what ive seen on the window displays.
Ideally around £250-£300 at least would give a basic sofa from Argos.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• VIP
(11-25-2010, 08:37 PM)haritori Wrote: Hi, new here, hows everyone?

I would like some advice please, I have been a Family Fund member for a about 5 years now and only used them twice once at the beginning to replace my fridge and once for a washer that went dolally, but I haven't used them for 3 years, so i have rang for an application again, and I meet the criteria but, my suite is completely knackered basically as Tomm likes to jump on them and throw things at them, spill his drinks and food all over them and the occasional accidents on them so through the wear and tear of normal everyday life and then Tomms added Wear and Tear and the major league over cleaning then are basically some planks of wood with a bit of padding and some cotton threads!

anyhoo, as such they really are becoming unhygienic and the odd cut and bruise is occurring so, does anyone have an experience or advice on whether I can ask for a new suite? and if so any idea what company they use or is it your own choice?

any help appreciated.

Hi Haritori

Family Fund can consider your request if it is related to your child's condition. Our grants are made via vouchers for specific retailers.

Please remember that grants from Family Fund are discretionary and subject to available funding.

Best wishes,
Family Fund

• Administrators
So that was a obvious answer but is there a way that the childs condition could fund a sofa?
For example if a child with autism lets say had broken a sofa?
Or say if a parent wanted to purchase a sofa bed for there child downstairs?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(12-09-2010, 02:05 PM)Daniel Wrote: So that was a obvious answer but is there a way that the childs condition could fund a sofa?
For example if a child with autism lets say had broken a sofa?
Or say if a parent wanted to purchase a sofa bed for there child downstairs?

That's exactly it Daniel - if you can link the item needed to the child's condition, so if a child with behavioural difficulties breaks a sofa, we will consider it. Please remember what we advised above though - grants from Family Fund are discretionary and subject to available funding.

Best wishes,
Family Fund