• VIP
Hiya
just wondering if anyone knew of any charities that would be able to help us with our garden, we moved into our house back in may and it was a total mess, we have done some work on it but sadly it needs a pro to make it child safe. it's all uneven and the kiddies fall over. I know that cerebra don't do grants for garden's.
thanks

• VIP
(11-22-2010, 10:32 AM)wweangelica Wrote: Hiya
just wondering if anyone knew of any charities that would be able to help us with our garden, we moved into our house back in may and it was a total mess, we have done some work on it but sadly it needs a pro to make it child safe. it's all uneven and the kiddies fall over. I know that cerebra don't do grants for garden's.
thanks
ive tryed all over myself last 3 years and mine is horrendous with glass, bricks, old record players, no fencing, old carpets, dogs skulls and skellitons (ewwww)
only thing that you might be able to get done by council is fencing to make it safe so children dont escape from disabled grants
so we had to do it our self ive only got half of garden done and its cost me a thousand pound already
if you find anything let me know many thanks

Heart mum of 2 Heart

• Registered
Not sure if this helps but my sons rehabilitation officer was able to get us a grant for our back garden through a company called care and repair. It wasn't them who actually gave us the grant but they were brought in to deal with it all and they are based all over the country so maybe a call to them might unearth some help. there mandate is to help disabled and elderly peoples living conditions.

Hope this helps.

• Registered
Hi, we applied to the family fund a few years ago for garden work which was to have no-mow (fake grass) laid proffesionally with ground clearance, removal of rubbish etc and they paid for that as it was to help our little boy to be able to play out with mimimum risk if he fell as no-mow is like a childrens play area soft landing floor. We recently applied and had a grant approved for paving to be laid in another area of the garden as a level walk area for our son to practice with his frame. Its worth applying they said yes to us. Good luck

• Registered
Hi try the Well Child Charity their Helping Hands programme might be able to help. Also look at Gardening for the disabled (they have a website)