• Administrators
I really think the key is to ask the school to provide to you a detailed letter explaining there duty of care and also explaining any extra care they are currently providing to your son.
With this you can then ask for amendments or use it as evidence for the DLA.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Hi D

They did write a letter....very basic...and said all the wrong things. They did not mention what he doesn't take part in or all the restraint. I have written a letter to my needs and have sent it to the school to co-sign - as long as they agree of course!! The Welfare rights lady came round and said I have a strong case and she is coming wit me to the appeal - phew!!

• Administrators
ahh thats good, atleast you'll have some clued up support with you. Did she discuss with you any of the questions they may ask you? just so your prepared.....or is it a kind of deal with it on the day??

Lucy xx

• VIP
(10-14-2009, 06:19 PM)Lucy Wrote: ahh thats good, atleast you'll have some clued up support with you. Did she discuss with you any of the questions they may ask you? just so your prepared.....or is it a kind of deal with it on the day??

Lucy xx

Hi Lucy, she did explain what the procedure should be and she also said that sometimes the Tribunal decide not to go through with appeal if there is enough evidence. But I doubt very much that would happen lol!! Wish it would as am feeling very nervous about it. But I cannot come this far - over a year now of letters and reports, and then cave in - it's just so tiresome having to have 2 appeals running alongside each other at once. She didn't mention any of the questions that they might ask me on the day. Do you know?? xx

• Administrators
No sorry I don't, I was curious myself lol I'm sure you'll be fine. What happens if for some terrible reason you lose the appeal....is that it? (lets hope that never happens lol)

Lucy xShy