• Administrators
Hello loulou, and welcome to the forum.
We are all a freindly bunch here so please join in and say hello and tell us about you and your family.

Once again thank you for joining the forum
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Hi I was just browsing netmums and found a link to this site on member Lucy's thread!!! I have never heard of this forum before so am very pleased to have found it.

Lou :-)

• Administrators
(10-13-2009, 05:57 PM)loulou Wrote: Hi I was just browsing netmums and found a link to this site on member Lucy's thread!!! I have never heard of this forum before so am very pleased to have found it.

Lou :-)
Hello Lou,
Thanks for joining.
The reason you had not heard of us is that we went live 4 days ago.Smile
I am suprised how quickly the forum is growing and happy that its helping people already.
The forum is non profit and we started it simply because we realised how lonely it can be as a parent of a disabled child in terms of getting support and having an ear to bend when you want some little pieces of advice.
We have got some really useful guides about benefits and sen statements that you should take a look at and i hope you find these useful.
Please stick around and join in on the posts and threads as i really want this to be a community of people who get onSmile

• VIP
Hi Daniel....wow 4 days old!!! I know of a few parents of disabled children that I will let know of this forum. I like it as it is easy to navigate around! I will take a look at those threads you said about, as I am going through a DLA tribunal AND Statement tribunal at the moment - as if I have not enough to contend with as I have a disabled child and I was diagnosed yesterday as having ehlers danlos syndrome too, which my son may have, passed down from me. But hey ho, we soldier on.Angelhe he
I take it the smilies are not activated yet!!!

• Administrators
(10-13-2009, 08:10 PM)loulou Wrote: Hi Daniel....wow 4 days old!!! I know of a few parents of disabled children that I will let know of this forum. I like it as it is easy to navigate around! I will take a look at those threads you said about, as I am going through a DLA tribunal AND Statement tribunal at the moment - as if I have not enough to contend with as I have a disabled child and I was diagnosed yesterday as having ehlers danlos syndrome too, which my son may have, passed down from me. But hey ho, we soldier on.Angelhe he
I take it the smilies are not activated yet!!!

If you need any help with the DLA Tribunal and statement advice let us know in the help section and we will dig and dig and dig until you get awarded the claim for DLA.
In regards to the statement take a read under the education section for the SEN statement guidelines you should find that useful.
Who is doing the statement the school directly or the LEA?

Also YES do tell your freinds the more the merrier!!!!!!!!