• VIP
hi guys i need 2 get thins off my chest or im seriously going lose my temper and go insane. my 6 yr old son is bein assesed 4 asd possiably aspergers syndrome after 4 yrs of me shouting 4 help but hes got so bad at the mo, his attitude 2wards me is disgustin hes got this attitude that stuff everyone else as long as hes ok and gets what he wants he dont care who he hurts in the process, he has no respect 4 me treats me like dirt and is physically violent 2wards me hes also started hurtin his 2yr old sister 2 the point i cant leave them alone in a room cause he hurts her as soon as my bk is turned. im at the point where either he gets help soon or im going lose my temper with him big style which i dont wanna do i love him so much hes my 1st born child but i cant take much more of this its 24/7 walkin on egg shells around him im fed up of havin 2 dodge thins bein thrown at me and takin all his abuse this may sound selfish but im human as well as a mum i have feelins 2 but no one seems 2 understand that. i dunno what 2 do anymore i have no good days with him im house bound with him as i cant take him out cause of his violence and out bursts im at the point now where sometimes i think i should phone social services and get him taken in2 care cause i really cant cope anymore i neva go through with it and i feel horriable thinkin that i neva wanna lose my son but i cant go on like this i mean this cant b much fun 4 him either and i feel so bad that i cant help him but i dont know what 2 do, as im writin this hes shouting loads of abuse at me cause i said no 2 him throwin stuff out of his window sorry i know it must sound like im wallowin in self pitty and i hate 2 do that but im on the edge of losin my temper i really dont want 2 xx

• VIP
I have a pre teen who likes to have a melt down every once in a while, and I find her difficult to cope with when she's on one....but I don't have to deal with this 24 hrs a day 7 days a week...I really feel for you, and can totally empathise with your situation.
My little boy has a LOT of problems, but I have always said the scariest thing for me would be the behavioural issues...it's just so draining and we all know that everything seems a million times worse if you are tired or stressed, and you don't get a break from this!
I wish I could help. I wish I had the words to make you smile and realise that you are bloody amazing. And don't feel bad for your feelings, you are like you say, only human.
It sounds to me like YOU need help. There is often a lot of help out there for the Children, but sometimes the parents just need someone to lean on.
Again though, this is where it gets hard. The help seems to be out there for the more physically disabled children and their families, but not so much for those who have ASD etc...
Do you get any help at all? aday to yourself to recharge? anything?
Mags, Mum to Ash (12) and Zak (4). Zak has very severe spastic quad CP, Lennox Gastaut Syndrome, Reg blind, Gastrostomy fed, profound GDD, Epilepsy and bloomin' cute.

• Moderators
hi ambie
dont really know what to say that will help but you are not alone in your feelings i discussed social services taking matt full time last year as we had lost our respite and due to the stress of fighting it and what they had done to matt he picked up on the atmosphere and his aggression became uncontrollable i was spending evenings locked in my bedroom to stop him attacking me. in one way i was lucky in that he has never hit a child its mainly me or his dad if he is trying to protect me Big Grin.
can you speak to your family link worker and tell her that you need the break urgently, also social services should be able to help you with respite of some sort, a break of even a few hours can make all the difference. also what is happening at school? is he back after his suspension? which shouldnt have happened really as the teacher had no right shouting at him whatsoever.
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
hi guys thanx 4 ur kind words of support my family link worker is sort of up in the air at the mo one min i have 1 person then the next its some one else. tbh i dont have any support my husband tries but hes also tryin 2 come 2 terms with the situation i work part time at a retail shop so thats my only break really. restpite sounds good but im nerveous about him going out with other people who i dont even know very well or at all plus he doesnt like new people and he cant handle big crowds or loud noises so that why its easier 4 me 2 stay at home also he dont get judged wen hes at home on the school run other parents judge him and make snide comments. im tired, stressed and ive still not had time 2 deal with the death of my beloved grandad who passed away on sept 11th feel like im going insane i cant handle this anymore xx

• VIP
(11-21-2010, 04:58 PM)ambie28 Wrote: hi guys thanx 4 ur kind words of support my family link worker is sort of up in the air at the mo one min i have 1 person then the next its some one else. tbh i dont have any support my husband tries but hes also tryin 2 come 2 terms with the situation i work part time at a retail shop so thats my only break really. restpite sounds good but im nerveous about him going out with other people who i dont even know very well or at all plus he doesnt like new people and he cant handle big crowds or loud noises so that why its easier 4 me 2 stay at home also he dont get judged wen hes at home on the school run other parents judge him and make snide comments. im tired, stressed and ive still not had time 2 deal with the death of my beloved grandad who passed away on sept 11th feel like im going insane i cant handle this anymore xx

you cant keep carrying on like this
you could do with some councilling and
also you could do with some respite (keep pestering them untill they do )
i know you dont like the idea of him going to respite

some one who i know went to respite with her daughter over night untill she got settled down and got used to other people that works there
(see if they would do exactly same for him)
i would give it a go
if it doesnt work at least you given it a try

and as for parents at school (they havent got a clue )
untill they have a disabled child or a family member who has one
they will never understand and its just best to ignore them
(they got nothing better to do with thier lives)
which is soo sad

why not get in contact with contact a family see if theres any support groups that run near you
Heart mum of 2 Heart