• Established member
How do you 'prove' you are a carer when it comes to taking your child for days out?

I plan to take Findlay to Deep Sea World tomorrow and when I was looking up ticket prices their concessions rate clearly states " Concessions (OAPs, students, Carers)"

But I have no idea how to prove I am his carer other than trying to dig through mountains of paperwork to find the letter that says I receive carers allowance Huh

Any advice would be great, thanks.

• Registered
Most places don't ask for proof of being a carer. It shouldn't be a problem, I always say one disabled child and carer please, they don't question you (well they shouldn't). Have a good day out. x

• Administrators
Its the most frustrating thing as many places have various rules for proving entitlement to carers.
Some places waive you through straight away.
Others want dla letters,others want carers allowance letters whilst others want both.
Ive seen some only accept blue badges.

Its about time a universal card scheme was launched and its something i pondered doing but getting it big enough and being accepted nationally would be a challenge and you would need big numbers for companies to take it seriously.
But then you need a big number of companies to make people sign up.
Its a chicken and egg situation.

How did you get on in the end at deep sea world?
Out of curiousity what is deep sea world?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
that would be a great idea daniel, i know that you can get a card for the cinema for a disabled person and carer, so that it doesnt have to be the same carer all the time and that you only have to pay for one person, and our local council offer a +one card, so that he can use the local facilities plus another for free. It would be great if there was just one card for everything.

• VIP
(11-12-2010, 01:40 PM)Lottie86 Wrote: How do you 'prove' you are a carer when it comes to taking your child for days out?

I plan to take Findlay to Deep Sea World tomorrow and when I was looking up ticket prices their concessions rate clearly states " Concessions (OAPs, students, Carers)"

But I have no idea how to prove I am his carer other than trying to dig through mountains of paperwork to find the letter that says I receive carers allowance Huh

Any advice would be great, thanks.

lucky enough when i went to flamingo land and yorkshire wildlife at doncaster they accepted proof of dla for my daughter and my passport

Heart mum of 2 Heart