• Registered
i have been having a bad time of things lately with reece and school, but i want to say that last night while laying on my bed with my daughter alex who has a dx of autism and gdd took my hand and held it between hers and stroked my hand for at least a few mintues, my tummy was going and my heart was fluttering and i had a cheesy grin a mile wide. she never done it before, she usually just leads me to things, which another thing she did today - she came into the room and if she wants something she will take my hand but she sat on my lap and looked right in my eyes and said casually 'apple juice'. which to me is making a verbal request, well her dad heard it too and we all did a little dance and had a hooray about it. she was pleased with herself and was clapping and laughing. little things seem to be changing slowly.:cmas_emoticon066:

• Administrators
ahhhhhh how lovely Big Grin Children have a habbit of surprising us and when you have a child with special needs its the small things that matter the most!! fingers crossed she does it again Smile

xx

• VIP
Becky, this is wonderful, what a huge step forward! As Lucy says, fingers crossed it continues :cmas_emoticon030:

• Registered
its a case that she will probably choose when to communicate, she is so lovely and is like a little fairy. she is very girly, yet tough as nails. i love when she chooses a dress for me to help her get on and then she goes to look in the mirror. she pushes her hair off her face and it looks so cute because its a clumsy gesture. every morning when the boys are at school we lay on my bed and we watch some cartoons and she lets me cuddle her and that is her and my time to ourselfs, usually ends up us bouncing on the bed. sometimes i love to get her giddy so that i get a reaction from her, and i crave the eye contact. ive always called her my angel even when she was a baby.